Quantcast

Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: wolfenstein 3d demo for sega genesis

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

.......................................double post

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagmahnutz View Post
    What FPS counter?
    In the video I posted on page 45, it shows that the engine being used for the Genesis version of Noah's Ark 3D is the same one as the Genesis Wolf3D engine.

.......................................double post
    You can delete those btw, click on edit post then select "delete post in the following manner" then click "delete post" on the right.

Did I get that right that the person who left the rep comment for me is trying to get Wolf3D rights or that he's made a deal with gasega69k?
    I just don't get how to see who leaves a rep comment and I don't get the whole rep comment system. Unless it's like a thank you button, which it clearly isn't. Got me confused..
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    In the video I posted on page 45, it shows that the engine being used for the Genesis version of Noah's Ark 3D is the same one as the Genesis Wolf3D engine.
    You can delete those btw, click on edit post then select "delete post in the following manner" then click "delete post" on the right.
    Oh, I see. Didn't know that. Thanks for explaining. And thanks for the help on deleting posts
    Edit: I don't have that kind of access to be able to delete my posts.

What FPS counter?
    Look at the left of the screen, the thing that says FPS=źnumber╗

Did I get that right that the person who left the rep comment for me is trying to get Wolf3D rights or that he's made a deal with gasega69k?
    Unless that person is PikoInteractive or GaSega68K I doubt anyone involved with any rights repped you for that.

...Unless you got rep from Retrospiel who might secretly be trying to make deals himself and this way his way of sneakily letting us know.

i hope that he was ok...
    god bless gasega68k!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

I am sorry, I do not know how I repped the wrong person. That rep was meant for a post by NeoVamp.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

NeoVamp and the Case of the Missing Rep (2016)

The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar

Weird that he's keeping radio silence, I doubt anyone would go angry at him for temporarily abandoning Wolf3D in favor of Super Noah's Ark for commercial reasons (and if anyone would, I would imagine they would be fittingly shouted down by the rest of us), but oh well, best of luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by -RT View Post
    Weird that he's keeping radio silence, I doubt anyone would go angry at him for temporarily abandoning Wolf3D in favor of Super Noah's Ark for commercial reasons
    Yeah its a shame, because him working on Super Noah's Ark is great news. new games (well you know) are always great welcome.
    and in the end the work he's doing on Super Noah's Ark 3D is also good for Wolf3D. since any improvements he makes to the engine will end up in Wolf3D too.

But maybe he made a deal where he can't talk about it, it is a commercial game after all.

He stopped talking long before that though. Probably he's not in the mood for going on forums anymore =P

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Look at the left of the screen, the thing that says FPS=źnumber╗
    Oh, that thing. The game is just such a turn off for me, that I tried hard not to pay attention to it. I just don't like religious propaganda, even though I'm christian myself. But, to each his own. Not trying to offend anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by retrospiel View Post
    I am sorry, I do not know how I repped the wrong person. That rep was meant for a post by NeoVamp.
    Ok, but what the hell did it mean?

Ok, but what the hell did it mean?
    It's a mystery.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Oh, come on.

Hello, I have been a long time without posting here (more than a year!), Well, busy with "real life".

Although the game is complete (that is, it has all levels, music, sfx, etc), there are some things I want to add such as automap, I also increased the resolution of the game to 256x144 in the area of ​​vision (before was 256x128), still works with a framerate slightly higher than the previous one since I used a code to draw columns of walls faster, but to make this change I had to modify many things.

In the version with the resolution of 256x128 (the one you know), I only needed a 16KB buffer in Vram, since the entire framebufer (which is in Ram) could be transferred to Vram in a frame, during the "Extended Vblank" of 86 scanlines.
    In Vram are present all the frames of all the weapons and all the frames of the face of BJ and still there is a little of free space.

In the case of the version of 256x144 (which requires 18KB for the framebuffer in Ram), it is necessary to double buffer in Vram (although no exact 2 buffer is required, I explain below), since 2 frames are needed to transfer the framebuffer To Vram, because now it is not possible to do it in one frame due to the increase of the resolution.
    Since it requires double buffering in Vram (to avoid tearing), it really does not require 36KB of Vram, since only half of the image requires double buffering, because one half (let's call it "L1") is transferred in one frame and the other half (we call it "L2") is seen on the screen, in the next frame the second half of the image (call it "R") is transferred to Vram and the first two halves are exchanged ("L1", "L2"), So only 27KB of Vram is required.
    In this version only the weapons and all their frames are in Vram, the faces of BJ is only what is required, although there are many other changes in Vram that I do not remember now ...

Well, here are some pictures comparing the two versions.

BEFORE.................................................. ..NOW

Last edited by gasega68k; 06-25-2018 at 03:11 AM.

Thread Information