Quantcast

Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: wolfenstein 3d demo for sega genesis

Thanks for all your comments, this motivates me to do my best to complete this game.
    Right now I'm doing everything on the obj. guard, ie movements, AI, etc, so when finished, for all other objects will be easier, although still much code to add.
    So maybe the next version of the rom will have at least the object guard complete.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gasega68k View Post
    So maybe the next version of the rom will have at least the object guard complete.
    Can't wait to see the next version!

New version available. I have already drawn textures necessary walls for the first 10 levels, and now the first episode is complete (although you can choose any level, but with a little trick), plus I have added selection of difficulty, because depending on the difficulty, level will have more or less enemies.
    Now you can kill the guards, even though they do not walk, it seems that someone shot him with a sort of stun ray that caused .... no, the truth is that it still needs a bit of code so they can walk.
    Although it seems that has not advanced much, but believe me it was a good amount of code I've added.
    The next version will have the guards walking, (patrol and chase modes).
    Here is the link to download it:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/x0...3ddemo_b4e.rar

Road Rasher

Oh man, i just sold my Sega Everdrive!. I have a Mega Everdrive coming on the mail, but wont arrive until next weekend, darn it!, i really wanted to try the newest version.
    Thanks for making Wolfenstein 3d on the Megadrive a reality gasega68k!

Wildside Expert GreasyWolverine's Avatar

keep up the good work!!! Homebrew and ports are the main reason I got my mega everdrive! I am always excited to add to my library of new genesis games!!!

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

New version available. I have already drawn textures necessary walls for the first 10 levels, and now the first episode is complete (although you can choose any level, but with a little trick), plus I have added selection of difficulty, because depending on the difficulty, level will have more or less enemies.
    Now you can kill the guards, even though they do not walk, it seems that someone shot him with a sort of stun ray that caused .... no, the truth is that it still needs a bit of code so they can walk.
    Although it seems that has not advanced much, but believe me it was a good amount of code I've added.
    The next version will have the guards walking, (patrol and chase modes).
    Here is the link to download it:
    Really impressed with the pace at which this development is taking shape! You've done things with the system that I thought were just a pipe dream. If you have a paypal account I'd like to show my gratitude

Thumbs up

gasega68k
    Thanks from Russia
    Клёво получается

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by matteus View Post
    Really impressed with the pace at which this development is taking shape! You've done things with the system that I thought were just a pipe dream.
    Blows bloodshot and zero t out of the water for md. Incredible job on this so far, can't wait until final release.

If you have a paypal account I'd like to show my gratitude
    Once game is finished, me too.

Thanks again for all your comments.

You've done things with the system that I thought were just a pipe dream.
    Well, I've always believed that the Genesis is capable of doing great things.
    Since about 2007 I've been doing some things in 3D (polygons) and I have managed to do a good engine 3d (I think) so I have in mind something I always had wanted to see on the Sega Genesis/Megadrive: A "SW" game . Maybe that will be my next project.

About paypal, I have no account ... yet.

Banned by Administrators

Any word when finished version might be done ? I shot at guards on b4 but they don't die...so it's like b3 but...can't wait until this is done especially since chilly wolfenstein 32x doesn't work on my mega ed. But this md version is OUTSTANDING looking for md.

Any word when finished version might be done ?
    The version with the first episode, maybe in a month or two, and the full version (all six episodes) still do not know.

I shot at guards on b4 but they don't die...so it's like b3 but...
    The version you downloaded is the 4be? That's the latest version.

Banned by Administrators

Yeah 4beta, can't shoot guards (well they don't get hit/die or shoot back at you). Cool, I can wait months for this masterpiece it'll be well worth it.

Yeah 4beta, can't shoot guards (well they don't get hit/die or shoot back at you).
    The latest version is 4be, and the former was 4b, in 4be version you can kill the guards, maybe there is a problem with the link?
    just in case here is the link again:

Banned by Administrators

The latest version is 4be, and the former was 4b, in 4be version you can kill the guards, maybe there is a problem with the link?
    just in case here is the link again:
    Thank you I will try it out.

Edit. Awesome just tried it, yup I can kill guards with that link . I like button actions A & C feel correct, smoothness of game, music everything is great so far.
    Last edited by Vector2013; 12-01-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Well, I've always believed that the Genesis is capable of doing great things.
    Since about 2007 I've been doing some things in 3D (polygons) and I have managed to do a good engine 3d (I think) so I have in mind something I always had wanted to see on the Sega Genesis/Megadrive: A "SW" game . Maybe that will be my next project.
    Oh that sounds really interesting... that is also one of my project Do you speak about 3D flat type game "a la starfox" ?
    If yes maybe we could join our efforts on this one I already spent a bit on time in playing with 3D on the Sega Genesis and SGDK already provide some interesting and fast routines for that (3D transformations and polygon drawing, you can use the simple cube_flat sample to test it). Still i believe some parts can probably be improved (as the bitmap engine which use pure software bitmap to tile transformation without DMA transfers).

Thread Information