Quantcast

Thread: Night Trap 32X

Night Trap 32X

When Digital Pictures released Night Trap upon an unsuspecting populace back in 1993, it set off a firestorm of controversy that got as far as the U.S. Senate. A year later, a version came out for the Sega CD/32X combo, it barely caused a stir. That was probably because by then, the FMV fad had run its course. Even so, this improved edition boasts clearer video and a much cleaner interface. It's still the same game though, and as with most FMV titles, you either love it or hate it. Read the full review and see if this one's worth giving a play through.
    Last edited by Melf; 02-15-2009 at 10:22 PM.

I will buy this game some time. I've never tried any FMV game like this, and this is so (in)famous, so I gotta have it in the collection.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

yeah, i want this one too... but i think i want the original uncensored sega CD version in the red box. Still, looks like cheesy fun haha.

Nameless One

I have both versions. I really, really like them. A 6 is way to low for me, I would give it an 8. The game is so refreshing, ideal for gamer who thought they had seen it all. The acting is mega cheesy, but that only adds to the experience. It was a real challenge to complete too, took me quite some time.

I am not sure if I prefer the 32x version though. I don't like the extra bits of video. But the interface en videoquality has improved a lot over the mega cd version.

Pity rep is still rep. Raging in the Streets Mr Smith's Avatar

I remember this game being reviewed by Sonic the Comic

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl
    You my lord, are a poet and a scholar. Of death.

Yeah, the new video at the beginning of the game seems so stiff, like the actors are bored and tired. I like the Sega CD original where they had an actual Sega controller onscreen. There was absolutely no need to eliminate that. I think I like the original's navigation section better since it was easier to see where you are... if I recall the original had a red frame around the room you are in, whereas the 32X version has just a tiny green light I think. Lame.

The new box "art" kind of sucks, too. The original looked like something from a 50's horror movie poster.

What are the main differences between the different versions, then? Is the original Sega CD release the only one that isn't censored?
    [ Web | kevinski.com ] [ Wii | 7030 8283 2535 8378 ]

I don't think either are censored. There simply really isn't anything to censor. There was entirely new opening footage which they give you a remote control instead of a Sega Genesis control pad. That footage was also used in the 3DO version. Other than that I noticed no differences in the video (other than the obvious quality) between the original and the 32X versions.

Thread Information