Quantcast

Thread: The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Sega Genesis) Review

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Thumbs up The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Sega Genesis) Review

I came across this hidden gem last week and never heard of it before. I thought Jurassic Park & JP: Rampage Edition, were the only 2 Jurassic Park games that came out on the Sega Mega Drive. Luckily enough after hearing about it, I met someone on NA a few days later who was selling a lot of cib genesis titles with this one being one them so I decided to pick it up.

It's actually kind of hard to find this game complete and in good condition. I guess when your Genesis/MD game gets released in September 97' that may happen.
    This is the copy that I was able to get my hands on.

I like to point that this game is LONG, I've been at it for a few hours and only half way done.

Ok, so the way how this game works is that you get dropped in an island or islands of the dinosaurs. The islands have missions scattered around and your given the option of selecting them in any order. If you get stuck somewhere or forget what to do. Just press start to open up your device that informs you of many things plus what you should currently be doing.

Some awesome things about this game are being able to drive jeeps and motor boats. You can kill the dinosaurs and men by ramming at them, lol.
    You have multiple weapons with the shot gun and M-16 being my 2 favorite to use as they're pretty powerful. The AI on the enemies is quite good too. The rebels can run towards weapons on the ground and use them against you. They can also take on the dinosaurs if they up encountering each other.

It should also be mention that there's environmental parts of the game that can also damage you & enemies. For example, the steam coming out of the caves and poisons plants that shoot out deadly toxins across the fields.

Like I said before, this game came out pretty late during the Sega Gen/MDs life time. The levels are nicely detailed and colorful. Some parts are more graphically advance, so you'll see some pretty kickass levels like these,

In this mission, you have to bring down a raptor while avoiding enemy fire from those in motorcycles and avoiding ramming into trees.

In this mission, you have to both get away and take down the T-rex that has escaped from it's field.

The music is alright for this type of game that has you going around many areas, mainly on foot. It's really like a serious adventure.
    I went ahead uploaded the OST.

Overall the game is pretty fun. The missions are unique and really offer an interesting type of gameplay that I haven't seen on a Gen/MD game before. It's another title I recommend checking out and adding to the collection.
    Last edited by Thunderblaze16; 10-07-2022 at 11:46 PM.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

There's one tracking missing from the playlist which I still couldn't find and it's the track that plays in the mission where your chasing the raptor in a motorcycle like the .gif above. I appreciated if anyone is able to get me that track to complete the playlist.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

WCPO Agent

Wow, those are Genesis shots? That's awesome. At first glance I thought it looked like PSX. I reckon I'll check this one out.

If you want see it in action and in good quality,
    check out this video and skip it to 10:30.

I don't remember those screens that you posted but then again I haven't played that game in like 12 years. But it was a great game no doubt about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Definitely a great game, great graphics good music good gameplay.

A true hidden gem.

But what's up with that weird looking T-Rex?

Thumbs up

Quick little tips to avoid frustration later in the game:

-Collecting 6 Jurassic Park logos well have a cargo parachuting down with useful items that you might need.
    DON'T SHOOT THIS CARGO OR IT WELL BLOW UP, SIMPLY RUN INTO IT.

-Holding the 'C' button well allow you to move while aiming in the same direction.

-If you dock somewhere and can't get off your boat, rotate it to where the back of the boat is facing the land.

-Electric fences that have electricity running on the poles can be run threw. Electric fences that DON'T have electricity running on the poles at all CAN'T be run threw. For these, you have to destroy the generator that's somewhere around.

-If you can't find a generator, satellite, etc. Simply press start, select the scanner option and click on the picture of the thing your looking for and it well pin point it on the map.

-Getting the Key card map laying somewhere in each island well display the entire map of the island in your scanner. Not having the map card well have the map in the scanner black around you and you have to go around the island to display more of the map on the scanner.

-If you see ammo on the ground and can't seem to obtain it but are simply just pushing it forward. That means that your full of the specific ammo.
    Last edited by Thunderblaze16; 12-14-2013 at 04:54 AM.

Any of you try this game since 2013? Decided to pick up again and surprisingly enough, the addicting gameplay still holds up on it.

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

Always thought it looked pretty cool, tried it once or twice briefly, seen a few people rip this one in reviews. I'll try to give it a fair shake if I can scare up some free time. I was wanting to get a session or two in with the master system/GG JP games lately anyway.

Thread Information