Quantcast

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Complete list of New Sega Genesis Games and Ports

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert bertodecosta's Avatar

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bertodecosta again.

Thanks for this great list.
    2 things I would like to add:
    - Double Symbol saw a limited release on cartridge as well. The developer sold it on ebay.
    - Debtor is ready for preorder on cartridge here: https://pscdgames.com/debtor-sega-genesis

Master of Shinobi

well in fact this thread should also be moved there IMHO
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker nemezes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    well in fact this thread should also be moved there IMHO
    It is a big list of threads to go to developers den forum

Paprium, arkagis, project alexandra, tanglewood, xeno crisis and others. Maybe even the new old ones: mad stalker and ultracore.

The big complaint is that Developer's Den is so buried that nobody finds it. Heck, I can't even tell when it was added.

The stupidest part? The whole point of Blast Processing was to hold these homebrew threads. But staff apparently decided that wasn't enough and made yet another category inside that one to hold homebrew, while hacking stays in the main Blast Processing category. And now nobody wants to post in because most people aren't aware that it exists and those who do often don't remember to check there. Oh, and throwing Blast Processing far away from Genesis Does (despite the two being more or less related) isn't helping matters.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    The big complaint is that Developer's Den is so buried that nobody finds it. Heck, I can't even tell when it was added.

The stupidest part? The whole point of Blast Processing was to hold these homebrew threads. But staff apparently decided that wasn't enough and made yet another category inside that one to hold homebrew, while hacking stays in the main Blast Processing category. And now nobody wants to post in because most people aren't aware that it exists and those who do often don't remember to check there. Oh, and throwing Blast Processing far away from Genesis Does (despite the two being more or less related) isn't helping matters.
    Agree, that's why I proposed a Homebrew main forum. At this point the easiest and coherent thing would be making Blast Processing a Genesis Does subforum and maybe merging it with developer's den and state it is for hacks, homebrews and technical discussion
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European games

That's not gonna help… Dunno, but subcategories within other categories tend to not fare well in forums.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert bertodecosta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    That's not gonna help… Dunno, but subcategories within other categories tend to not fare well in forums.
    Yeah, I don't know who's in charge of managing "where to where", but I really hope they reconsider it now seeing the sub forum is really lifeless.

Btw, this' just in...

ASAP Plz : Retro Office Game
    https://asapthegame.com/

Master of Shinobi

well at least the subforum is shown whenever you enter genesis does. As of now blast processing is just way down and people just don't reach for it.

The main problem to solve would be the need for keeping all those new homebrew in the same place IMHO. An Atai Lynx port was just posted in here and I bet it will rapidly be forgotten as with many other homebrew puzzlers etc

Looking at it, that's actually a MD port of a Lynx game, not the other way (though isn't that itself a port of a Windows game?).
    https://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...s-Challenge-MD

Also thinking about it, another issue may be that at some point the forum added a lot of categories for every Sega system and of course those categories are mostly dead because members don't have that much interest on them. It still adds visual noise to the point of drowning (and I regularly need to double check where I'm clicking to make sure I'm actually aiming at Genesis Does instead of Gear Up because it's so lost in the middle that coarse aiming doesn't work anymore — especially ironic, being the category that should have been supposedly the focus of the forum after the site categories).

Road Rasher

As far as I know, the Lynx version is the original. I like the music in that version. Cool that it was ported to the Genesis.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Scrobins09's Avatar

Also Mega Cat has added Tanglewood to its catalog. I wonder if they’ll also make a run of the soundtrack carts.

https://megacatstudios.com/products/tanglewood

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

That's a maybe. I passed on word that there was interest on the Tanglewood sountrack.

Master of Shinobi

Honestly and with all due respect, it doesn't feel right that Tanglewood is listed with the same price as all those other puzzlers, etc.

Thread Information