Quantcast

Page 201 of 216 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3226

Thread: PS2 vs Dreamcast Graphics

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloofoofoo View Post
    Oh btw I found something out that you might be interested. A bit of info you might have left out for your ready 2 rumble comparison. apparently the dc version uses 1280x480 resolution internally confirmed by the author of demul when I was going through old dreamcast forums:
    I heard that before but I didn't know how to verify it. That could be the main reason why the presentation looks so much better on Dreamcast.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post
    I heard that before but I didn't know how to verify it. That could be the main reason why the presentation looks so much better on Dreamcast.
    Well now we know for sure. That makes the resolution difference huge between the two. The ps2 one is 448i right? That the DC version OVER twice as wide and around 7 percent bigger verticle resolution wise.( Or twice as tbig vertically depending how you define interlace)

Edit he also mentioned other interesting things like how according to his calculation of CPU cycles that at 6 lights the Dreamcast can probably no more than 4k Tris for the frame at 60 fps. That the high polygon count games usually use 1 or 2 directional lights. Gave the example of DoA 2 being super optimized pushes around 30k verts per frame at 60 fps with 2 directional lights. You either have nice lighting and low polygon count or bad lighting and high polygon count.
    Last edited by Cloofoofoo; 04-23-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Well now we know for sure. That makes the resolution difference huge between the two. The ps2 one is 448i right? That the DC version OVER twice as wide and around 7 percent bigger verticle resolution wise.( Or twice as tbig vertically depending how you define interlace)

Edit he also mentioned other interesting things like how according to his calculation of CPU cycles that at 6 lights the Dreamcast can probably no more than 4k Tris for the frame at 60 fps. That the high polygon count games usually use 1 or 2 directional lights. Gave the example of DoA 2 being super optimized pushes around 30k verts per frame at 60 fps with 2 directional lights. You either have nice lighting and low polygon count or bad lighting and high polygon count.
    I see he mentioned The Nomad Soul, have you looked at that game to see if it does anything impressive?

I see he mentioned The Nomad Soul, have you looked at that game to see if it does anything impressive?
    Depends what do you mean by impressive. Graphically it isn't going to wow or it doesnt have crazy effects. It's is an open world game that came out 1 year and a half before grand theft auto 3. It has fps sections / hand to hand fighting / dialogue choices. It's made by the people who did heavy rain so you know what expect.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Nomad Soul is impressive at being one of the worst games on DC and being hideous to look at. Yes, I do mean for the era as well.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Depends what do you mean by impressive. Graphically it isn't going to wow or it doesnt have crazy effects. It's is an open world game that came out 1 year and a half before grand theft auto 3. It has fps sections / hand to hand fighting / dialogue choices. It's made by the people who did heavy rain so you know what expect.

Quite. It was doing open world gaming before the term 'Openworld' or 'Sandbox' were even coined. Truly a game well ahead of its time (in what it was trying to do, with a living breathing world)
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

14:28 damn, looks like hes giving her some vitamin D.

Anyways I'm battling my new 2 TB harddrive. Watch this video:

what's special about this simpsons game?

14:28 damn, looks like hes giving her some vitamin D.

Anyways I'm battling my new 2 TB harddrive. Watch this video:

Lol. Game tries to be grown up I guess. A little hard to take seriously with aesthetics but it's not a bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAMD View Post
    what's special about this simpsons game?
    The Dreamcast isn't involved but it shows how the PS2 version compares to the OG Xbox and Gamecube versions. I will eventually take a look at this game, seems like a very generic 6th gen multiplat.

Also I'm ready to work on projects again.

One more post. So we will play a game. You guys will determine which post I will make as the next backlog post.

What do you want to see next? The first one that gets 2 votes wins.

1. Ephemeral Fantasia post
    2. Street Fighter EX3 post
    3. Rayman 2 PS2 vs Dreamcast Initial Comparison
    Rayman 2 PS2 vs Dreamcast Initial Comparison has 1 vote, if there isn't any more votes for 1 more day then thats the one I will do.

Update #1: Not very important for you guys to know but I ordered a hexa core processor and more RAM for this computer, gonna help a lot with productivity.
    Update #2: Since we now know Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 uses super-sampling in the Dreamcast version, I'm gonna edit the post and say its definitely a draw.

Update #2: Since we now know Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 uses super-sampling in the Dreamcast version, I'm gonna edit the post and say its definitely a draw.
    super-sampling in R2RB;R2 ? did you believe it ?

changing the subject I liked your initiative to want to compare ps2 / gcn games if you want we can go up the topic ps2 vs gcn and make comparisons there, I noticed that the simpsons game operates with higher graphics settings on the ps2, this could explain the 10fps less in the overall average.
    Last edited by SegaAMD; 04-26-2020 at 09:49 AM.

super-sampling in R2RB;R2 ? did you believe it ?

changing the subject I liked your initiative to want to compare ps2 / gcn games if you want we can go up the topic ps2 vs gcn and make comparisons there, I noticed that the simpsons game operates with higher graphics settings on the ps2, this could explain the 10fps less in the overall average.
    Why wouldnt you believe the word of the author demul (the most accurate dc emulator)when he says those 3 titles use super sampling?. super sampling AND a steady 60 fps.

And i see you ignored what i showed you of mgs2(being the same crap with its framebuffer effects off. Doesnt suit narrative?

Edit: here we go. This forum user metallic is the demul emu author and on this page he mentions the 3 games he is aware use super sampling on the hardware.( i was a member of the forum but only lurked ,never posted. Not to mention this is the place i got some of my infos from)

link:https://web.archive.org/web/20191112...o.50160/page-6
    Last edited by Cloofoofoo; 04-26-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Why wouldnt you believe the word of the author demul (the most accurate dc emulator)when he says those 3 titles use super sampling?.

yes, i believe him, he was very clear when he said 3 games, wacky races,Ready2Rumble Boxing 1 and omikrom. ok

Ready2Rumble Boxing; Round 2 I don't believe.

I only got 1 or 1.5 months left of working on these projects, definitely not enough time for getting into Gamecube.

Also I have much more interest in PS2 and Dreamcast than Gamecube and OG Xbox, both those consoles are hideous and have no charisma.

yes, i believe him, he was very clear when he said 3 games, wacky races,Ready2Rumble Boxing 1 and omikrom. ok

Ready2Rumble Boxing; Round 2 I don't believe.
    Its either both Ready 2 Rumbles have super-sampling or only the sequel.

Thread Information