Quantcast

Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224
Results 3,346 to 3,350 of 3350

Thread: PS2 vs Dreamcast Graphics

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

So someone released a tools to extract Naomilib 3d models directly from game assets for dreamcast and naomi. Works on doa2 ,most model 3 ports and alot of naomi based games. I extracted the opera mostly from Dead or alive 2 assets. Its mostly complete , its around 10K triangles. I was able to extract and assemble jan lee from doa 2 and he is around 8000 triangles. Unfortunately I was not able to take a screenshot since it crashed and I didt save my work. I notced for both jan lee and kasumi justthe head and their torso when putting them together is around 5,000 triangles. The character models are very dense.

Just to bring up a point the nulldc extractions proved to be way off(40k tris per frame) when you tally up this count( 8000 per character x2 + 10k and up for the stage = `26K triangles).

This why i have no faith in am2 doing a proper port of virtua fighter 4 , given this port of fighting viper 2 was released 2001. I finally managed to assemble a character as long time of manually putting it together. I Doubt I ll do this again for this game since the unarmored version is stored with the armored version. Interestingly the unarmored version was more detailed ( resembles arcade version more)so I went with that(the face, musculature }. Bahn unarmored is 2,800 triangles , means you can stack 2 fighting vipers character together and still be !,000 to 2,000 polygons short of a single doa 2 character. The stages arent that much higher than the characters and seem to be have been massively butchered compared to the arcade version cant show yet since iam not finished assembling. Despite having such low count for a fighting game it still has slowdown on a real console, makes me wonder if maybe something behind the scene like physics or something else is holding it back. Iam willing to bet if I get to the virtua figher 3 stages they are probably slightly more detailed as are the characters and that was ported by genki.

(Using the naomi lib tool again)

Dreamcast:

Arcade:

Well still playing around withthe tools. Messing in sports jam. I got the master of ceremonies model for both his announcer role and gameplay. His announcer mesh is extremely detailed 10,754 triangles while his gameplay mesh is,2,186 triangles, very efficient modeling that keeps his look consistent with the higher poly model.

Gameplay:

Announcer:

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

This topic is so massive. I wish I remembered what Ikaruga was and be curious to know Zero Gunner 2 and Psyvariar 2. JUst not over 200 pages of sifting. :/

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    This topic is so massive. I wish I remembered what Ikaruga was and be curious to know Zero Gunner 2 and Psyvariar 2. JUst not over 200 pages of sifting. :/
    Theres no point to shmups since the stages can be as high poly as they want but only a extremely small part makes it on screen. Then each ship is far below 1,000 polygons so they can put a massive number of those in the first place on screen. For these reason I find shmups are simply not a good metric and purposely ignore it. Ill give you an example I already did, border down, the stages can around 80,000 triangles and the ships around 500 triangles. Pretty much all the shmups on the system run like this, there is no point to keep rehashing it.

Border down dc

Thread Information