Quantcast

Thread: Pier Solar first-print (Genesis style)

Genesis Pier Solar first-print (Genesis style)

EDIT: SOLD to cowboyscowboys for $140 + shipping costs.

Okay, it pains me to do this, but I'm in a pretty bad situation with money right now. This sale includes everything I got when I bought it new (box, game cart, audio CD, letter, etc). I have pictures posted below. I'm taking offers on this, and I'm not going to want anywhere near the insane prices you'd see on eBay ([1] [2]), so throw me a reasonable offer and we'll talk!

I have feedback on eBay as well as Overclock.net, if you'd like to see either, or you'd like more pictures, let me know!

Last edited by Redmist; 03-01-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

nice! see no one ever tells me what's reasonable though

like i think $50 is always pretty reasonable

I'm sure someone will jump at this. It's a very nice edition to have, and I have noticed interest in it in recent months around here. I reluctantly sold mine here not too long ago for a fair price.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Looks nice, would you consider a reprint trade towards final value?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    nice! see no one ever tells me what's reasonable though

like i think $50 is always pretty reasonable
    I'd be looking for more than that. I could be wrong, but if I recall correctly, the first-print copies were $60 or so, and while I'm not out to make a fortune, I'd like to at least profit a little bit (especially since I'm not parting with it by choice in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by Splatterhouse5 View Post
    I'm sure someone will jump at this. It's a very nice edition to have, and I have noticed interest in it in recent months around here. I reluctantly sold mine here not too long ago for a fair price.
    Good to see someone else from New Jersey around here. Yep, I'm reluctant to part with mine as well, but I'll live. I'm not much of a collector anyway, and I'll be fine playing Pier Solar HD on my PC. Honestly, I played more Pier Solar when I was beta testing it on my PC than when I actually received my cartridge...

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Looks nice, would you consider a reprint trade towards final value?
    I would consider it, but I'm low on money right now and primarily interested in cash, so it would completely depend how much money you were adding on top of it.

To get the bidding started i will over you $100

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

First print copies were $35, ridiculously under-priced for what it cost to manufacture the game I believe. Hence when they started doing the reprints the prices went up as well. I'd value them now at around $200-250 I think, but I haven't been following the auction prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
    To get the bidding started i will over you $100
    That's almost to where I'm expecting to sell it, but a bit under, especially considering I'd have to ship international, that's always quite a bit more expensive (at least from my past experiences).

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    First print copies were $35, ridiculously under-priced for what it cost to manufacture the game I believe. Hence when they started doing the reprints the prices went up as well. I'd value them now at around $200-250 I think, but I haven't been following the auction prices.
    Were they really only $35? Wow, I was thinking that I paid more. I used my Father's Paypal to order it back then so I actually can't go through my history to see- thanks for the info. If someone were to offer $200 I'd take that instantly!

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

damn OP, you drive a hard bargain...$60. that's how much i paid for Strider i think!

I'm already kicking myself over the fact that I didn't jump on this the moment I saw it. Great buy, cowboy.

In my grief, I just bought a mint second print on eBay for $95, shipping included. Cheapest price it has gone on eBay in months, but still nowhere as good as this deal.
    Last edited by XeroShinobi; 03-03-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Thread Information