Quantcast

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Comic books

Banned by Administrators

Default Comic books

Any fans of comic books in here? Im a giant fan of the 1970s Conan books by Marvel comics. Great pieces of writing, lots of content , great artwork to boot. The lands come alive off the pages and into your den , backyard, or wherever you may happen to be reading the magazine. I got sick of hunting for the 250+ issues that ran from 1970-1992 , so i paid 900$ on ebay for issues 1-275 plus a buncha extra books Marvel did on Conan alongside the color monthly issues, they were larger comic books meant for 'adults' and were printed always in black and white.

My next conquest is to get all of those , and it should be more money since they are more rare and not often found in lots.

I also have a deep love for the early 90s Ghost Rider comics. Issues 1-50 are fantastic. Never can find many books past 50 though they thinned out the amount of books released towards the mid 90s.

Antifwhaaa?!?!!? Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Love to read 'em don't give a shit about collecting 'em. Which is why I prefer them in tpb form.

Banned by Administrators

well the only reason to collect them is to have the 'complete story' . I used to like all heroes of comics, but now as an adult, I can enjoy Conan for what it is, and for nostalgic reasons, and for its adult nature as well, I love Ghost Rider. Marvel is so dumb, if they would have made the Ghost Rider movies based on the Danny Ketch 90s comics, it would have been a huge hit.

With the way they got it set up, they can make a 3rd movie tie in the comic series, since Dan was the 2nd Ghost Rider and then Johnny Blaze has to intervene and it would just make a great 3rd movie and be the best in the whole franchise. Just take it from the comics! its not like any of these kids nowadays read em!

X-Universe FTW

Antifwhaaa?!?!!? Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

They don't make comic book movies for comic fans. I mean , imagine how ridiculous looking the X-Men movies would have been if they used the same outfits as in the comics.

same characters - different media - different interpretations
    though I'd have loved to see Iceman conjuring and sliding on ice platforms

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalpepsifan View Post
    They don't make comic book movies for comic fans. I mean , imagine how ridiculous looking the X-Men movies would have been if they used the same outfits as in the comics.
    No more ridiculous than Spider-Man and the Avengers.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

yeah, i had like 10+ long boxes, now just read digital & keep trades here and there sometimes. my pull list is basically:

Hellboy/BPRD
    Hawkguy
    Daredevil
    Walking Dead
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Invincible
    Ghostbusters
    Saga
    Scarlet (whenever it shows up)
    Superior Spider-Man
    Guardians of the Galaxy

way behind on Adventure Time, Wolverine & The X-Men, Uncanny Avengers and such. Locke & Key just ended so that one's off the list.

Outrunner

I love comic books, my Dad and I have a collection of 8000+.

I'm a big fan of silver age Marvel - Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four are my favorites. Early Spidey is the BEST. I also love Iron Man and Captain America (Tales of Suspense).

I'm just going to list a bunch of my favorite comic books.

Groo
    Stray Bullets
    Strangers in Paradise
    Usagi Yojimbo
    Bone
    ElfQuest
    Powers
    Dragon Ball (All of it, the latter part wasn't called "Z" in the original comic)
    Death Note
    Scud the Disposable Assassin
    Concrete

You know, I could keep going, but I shouldn't, this is silly. But yeah. I like comic books. Haven't read many of them lately, I must admit.
    It may no longer be the `90s, but there is still time for Klax.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

I have a lot of Hokuto No ken graphic novels, as well as the Viz FOTNS comics from the nineties. A few Jojos as well.

What else? Stacks of Street Fighter III New Generation, Third Strike and Zero 3 comics I picked up in china town back in '97. Some really dynamic and violent action in those. One of them has a thermal print of Ken after being bashed by Urien that you reveal by laying your palm over it and warming it up.

I have not bought comics for years due to other commitments but have been getting my superhero fix from those DC animated movies, which as to be expected neatly shit over anything DC/Marvel related coming from Hollywood.

I have the Chakan graphic novel by RAK Graphics as well somewhere, I ordered it back in the day after being impressed with the story in the game.

Shouts to the old 2000ADs and 2000AD Presents as well, some great stand alone stories back in the eighties man

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

yeah i read a few comics
    Kitsune in a hat

I used to read a bunch of comics as a kid, but it was all Archie, Disney, Star Wars, and Nintendo Comics System. Never got into Superheroes, still don't care for them today.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Banned by Administrators

i cant do digital comics. i need to have the actual book in my hand so i can be outside smoking a cigar reading it, or on the can

its not the same as digital. At least with a rom you can hook it to your tv by many means, its not the same as a booklet though.

Shake well before use Master of Shinobi Robotwo's Avatar

Never really got much into any of the bigger publishers like DC or Marvel.

I mainly grew up on some smaller Scifi adventure comics such as Sam Slade: RoboHunter and Dani Futuro.
    Recently got back into comic books and have been picking up some I've missed out on.

Such as "The Thing" comics (the alien parasite one, not the big rock thingy), Cyberfrog, Robocop vs Terminator, Judge Dredd comics,
    2000AD comics, Machine Man, TMNT, Rescue Rangers, New Ghostbusters, Robot Fighter and more

just a few samples, but gives you a idea of what i like to collect ....

a bit of a marvel fanboy if you couldn't tell ... :P

Thread Information