Quantcast

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and Ukraine Development

Captain Bit Master of Shinobi 16-bit's Avatar

Not too sure what's happening or the implications yet, only that it's pretty fucked up and that instead of trying to find some kind of solution the only thing politicians, the media, and most people I've seen online are doing is sitting around and blaming each other for what's going on. Seriously do we want a solution to this or do we want another Cold War?

This whole thing has started to bring my misanthropic tendencies back to light. Too many god damned dead people as it is, and it seems like the past 60 years still hasn't taught us anything.

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 16-bit View Post
    misanthropic
    Word of the day, kids! I've never used that word before, so I learned something today!

I keep hearing that "The Cold War is heating up again"... Sounds about right.

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

Raging in the Streets EclecticGroove's Avatar

Seriously do we want a solution to this or do we want another Cold War?
    Yes, in fact, some DO want another cold war. Whether that's going to be the winning motivation or not is up in the air, but there certainly people who would both welcome and profit from it.

Sounds like the fellow who issued those threats is taking a page from the Chinese playbook.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

So, according to the quotes in this article, Russia is essentially saying, "If you guys don't quit telling us to leave Ukraine alone, then we'll find someone else to support us."

That can't be right, can it? Something had to have been lost in translation. Threatening the US by telling them they won't take their foreign aid hand-outs anymore? Come on. That's got to be the yahoo writer joking.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Crimea river.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Quote Originally Posted by EclecticGroove View Post
    Yes, in fact, some DO want another cold war. Whether that's going to be the winning motivation or not is up in the air, but there certainly people who would both welcome and profit from it.
    This should be the last thing anyone wants. We've already got so many problems with the middle east. Seriously though, reading a lot of comments on news stories relating to these recent events, it's like people have taken classes on how to be TheEdge only worse. People blaming Jews, NATO for ousting of the Ukraine president (looking at what's happening in Thailand right now it's more than possible for people just to take that initiative on themselves). But it's not even just that right now. Response from the US has been extremely hypocritical, condemning Russia for doing almost the same thing as in Iraq. Doesn't make the wars ok, but wow the amount of people who think two wrongs make a right is quite sickening to me.

If this results in war I'm sending really angry sweary letters to embassies all over the place here

Antifwhaaa?!?!!? Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Bro, America is not hypocritical, we are just really committed to irony.

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

Yes the US invaded Iraq. Is that hypocritical? I suppose. However does hypocracy excuse Russia from their behavior?

Banned by Administrators

yeah USA is gonna let russia have Ukraine again. One of my parents grew up in Russia controled Ukraine, the language was outlawed to speak or write, instead they learned how to read write think in Russian.

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

This whole thing has started to bring my misanthropic tendencies back to light. Too many god damned dead people as it is, and it seems like the past 60 years still hasn't taught us anything.
    since when do we humans learn anything from our mistakes anyway ?
    Kitsune in a hat

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lizard View Post
    Yes the US invaded Iraq. Is that hypocritical? I suppose. However does hypocracy excuse Russia from their behavior?
    No it doesn't. Which is another reason why I've been really wary of discussing politics with people. I thought I had mentioned that in my comments before. Too many people think that two wrong doings make something ok. It's ridiculous. If that were the case all of these conflicts would have ended

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    yeah USA is gonna let russia have Ukraine again. One of my parents grew up in Russia controled Ukraine, the language was outlawed to speak or write, instead they learned how to read write think in Russian.
    What do you mean the USA is going to let Russia have Ukraine? Is Ukraine not a sovereign nation? Cannot they make their own decisions? Why do you think it is the USA's responsibility to act for them?

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

^ implying that ukraine doesn thave the capability to defend it self ?
    Kitsune in a hat

Rogue Master of Shinobi Pulstar's Avatar

No sane person wants war, and with Russia it's even worse. Just ask the folks in the North Caucasus how they got steamrollered with huge chunks of the populace entirely decimated. While the crisis seems to be winding down a bit, if a skirmish took place it could escalate into open conflict. Me not like that.

Thread Information