Quantcast

Thread: Google Chrome Extensions

Master of Shinobi cheaterdragon1's Avatar

Lightbulb Google Chrome Extensions

Seeing how over half the people on the internet are using Google Chrome, I thought it would be a fun idea to make a thread about extensions. What extensions are you people using that make the internet more enjoyable for you? Despite using this browser for several years I really only have a few:

AdBlock: Does exactly what it sounds like. No more pop-ups, banner ads, ads before or during videos, nothing. The Internet is such a wonderful place without any of that shit. The extension works on just about every website and allows you to manually block ads, should you find something that isn't being blocked.

Speed Dial: It replaces the New Tab page with a page displaying all the websites that you have favorited. It's not just a text list though; it has a little picture of each of them. It's essentially the best way to show your favorite websites.

The others I have are specifically for Youtube. I think Youtube had great layouts in 2006 to early 2010 but it's all been downhill from there. These make Youtube a bit better for me:

UsefulTube: Has a shitload of features to modify the Youtube Layout and more. I have it set to automatically display Newest Comments first instead of Top, Change Video Quality to 480p if available, and sort channel uploads by newest in a grid. There's a lot more and I'll probably make changes later.

Video Blocker: On the right side of the Youtube homepage you'll find recommended links. Youtube loves to recommend crappy channels in this spot. Channels that I watch one video of, don't like, and then Youtube would proceed to spam their channel at me in this spot if I don't subscribe. Eventually I said to hell with it and found this extension. With this extension You can right click and Block them from appearing there again. This was more of a problem with the Youtube Homepage that was before the current one.

So, what have you guys found? And no, I'm not trying to make a browser debate thread.
    Owner of the Nintendo 64 fansite Micro-64.
    Join us in our Facebook Group.

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

I love AdBlock, I have to try Speed Dial

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheaterdragon1 View Post
    Speed Dial: It replaces the New Tab page with a page displaying all the websites that you have Favorited. It's not just a text list though; it has a little picture of each of them. It's essentially the best way to show your favorite websites.
    *9001 site pictures -_-

There's the PSO2 extension that translates and assists with the Japanese PSO2 registration page for English players as well as a bunch of useful links and info about the game:

http://arks-layer.com/chrome.php

Thread Information