Quantcast

Thread: Reader Roundtable Vol. 98

Shakespeare Reader Roundtable Vol. 98

April's a slow month, as winter finally gets lost and lets spring back in the house. With sunshine and green grass, people tend to neglect their poor video games for trivial things like fresh air and exercise. That's OK; the games will still be there when they get back. Our staff and readers have been playing some gems this month, in between bouts of the need for this thing called "outside." Read on and see what we've been up to!

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

There's a typo in the third paragraph of the Streets of Rage review -- the last sentence should clearly end with an exclamation mark.

I always enjoy reading these. Thank you so much for doing these Roundtable features every so often. I wanted to chime in on the Flashback article. In it it is said that the game was first made for the Amiga. I was as shocked as anybody to read in an issue of Retro Gamer from a few months ago that the game was in fact developed for the Mega Drive first. This fascinating news came from the mouth of the original lead developer himself. I have always associated Flashback (one of my favorite all time games on the Genesis) with the Amiga scene. It's going to be hard to change years worth of habit.
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

Perhaps it was, but if so, it took it a while to come out. The Genesis version came out in 1993 (possibly late 1993, around November), while the Amiga version came out in 1992 (late?) and was being reviewed in magazines in mid-1993. The title screens for the two versions back up the release dates as well, and most places I found in a quick search showed the Amiga version hitting the scene first. So, I went with that. Whether it's right or not, I don't know, but...

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

Quote Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
    Perhaps it was, but if so, it took it a while to come out. The Genesis version came out in 1993 (possibly late 1993, around November), while the Amiga version came out in 1992 (late?) and was being reviewed in magazines in mid-1993. The title screens for the two versions back up the release dates as well, and most places I found in a quick search showed the Amiga version hitting the scene first. So, I went with that. Whether it's right or not, I don't know, but...
    I just moved so when I get the chance I'll get the issue number when I dig everything out.
    F@ck eBay Club member since 2010

Thread Information