Quantcast

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Musha prices on ebay

Master of Shinobi streetsofrage's Avatar

Default Musha prices on ebay

Musha going for over $400 on ebay http://m.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=mus...musha+segagene

Absolutely crazy , I paid $100 for my mint copy a few years ago.
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Yea ...

People are overpaying for CIB copies of the game. I certainly wouldn`t pay one third of the current asking price!

This my current opinion of ebay pricing. The moment some dumbo pays an exorbitant price for a CIB copy of a video game, everyone else presumes that this is now the current price point for the game in question. The problem is exacerbated further with the ability for a seller/buyer to easily check sold listings. Like hello! Just because a dumbo pays &100.00+ for a video game, doesn`t mean that the game in question is now worth that much! But hey! If you have the disposable income, knock your socks off! It isn`t my money your spending!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Master of Shinobi streetsofrage's Avatar

Some saying genesis collecting is on the rise.
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

Master of Shinobi cheaterdragon1's Avatar

Sega CD and Sega 32x have been hit worse I find.
    Owner of the Nintendo 64 fansite Micro-64.
    Join us in our Facebook Group.

I hate videos such as this because it unncessarily fuels speculation rather than basing it on fact. Social media can have a negative impact on collecting for any video game system. When people start substituting/confusing the word "rare" with the terms "sought after", you arrive at a situation that has negatively impacted video game collecting for alot of us. Even though I am way past the point of return for collecting SEGA Genesis or Mega Drive games, if the price point ever reached the level of retardedness that SNES games are currently going for these days, I would just STOP collecting altogether. I am an utter fan of the system but no way in hell am I going to pay $100+ dollars for a CIB game!

When we are talking about the SNES or the SEGA Genesis, we are talking about two of the most popular consoles of the generation. Millions of consoles were sold. And likewise the same can be said for the library of games as well. I have no idea about the SNES community can justify the high price point for some of the most common games for the system.

With respect to the SEGA Genesis, I don`t simply like the console because I owned it as a kid. I like it because anyone can enjoy the system. You don`t have to be a rich schmuck (no offense to the more affluent members on the forum) to enjoy Sonic the Hedgehog, the Golden Axe triology, or Streets of Rage for that matter. You can obtain any of these titles complete in box and for a reasonable price. As a self-taught artist, I like buying CIB copies because looking at the artwork fuels my creativity.

If collectors start over-valuing the library of games for the system, I`m definitely out. You probably won`t see me pop onto forums anymore because the joy of reading people`s experiences with the games for what they are will be replaced with idiotic statements like "look how much X game sold for ebay" or "I finally obtained a minty fresh/sealed CIB copy of game XYZ for X number of dollars". At that point, are you appreciating the game itself or the fact that you obtained what some may consider a "valuable" game?

Reading statements like that will definitely kill my enjoyment. I`ll probably still enjoy my time with my consoles but it will be away from the internet. I did it before and I`ll most likely do it again.
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

I don't think it's too terribly difficult to consider that the Genesis, and to a greater extent other Sega platforms, would eventually inflate in price/value similarly to current SNES games (partly because I feel that they already have!). In fact I would expect a company like Sega which is no longer an integral part of the modern-day video game hardware market to have their former products carry a heavier rather than lighter price tag compared to its contemporaries.

Regardless, like many I'd much rather the prices of Genesis and SNES games drop, and that day will happen, when we're 80 and the botard kids of that generation don't give a damn let alone know about all this 16-bit stuff.

Get off my lawn.

Old School Sega 4 Ever! Master of Shinobi Lan Di's Avatar

Genesis

Good gosh! I am looking at those listings for the second time today and I am still astonished ... nay ... confuzzled! I purchased both the Japanese and North American copies at a fraction of those prices. Should I be thankful that I avoided the boondoggle that is currently happening on ebay? Nah. Why? Because we may be one step closer to seeing gophers pop onto SEGA-16 doing the show and tell and then asking how much is the game worth. If there is one thing that distinguishes the Admin of this site from others online, it`s that they see the situation for what its worth. If you haven`t watched Melf`s recent video concerning the state of video game collecting, you should watch it now. He makes some valid arguments:

It`s really a shame more people do not speak up. If you accept some of the silly arguments of why video games should or would increase in price, you are being defeatist in your train of thought. Rather than taking a defeatist stance and assume that the SEGA Genesis library of games will go the way of SNES collecting or Turbo Grafx-16 collecting or NEO GEO collecting for that matter (etc.), I`ll continue to argue that the games are now worth the plastic that they are encased in if only to ensure that regular folks can enjoy the original SEGA Genesis library.
    Last edited by SEGA.GENESIS1989; 05-18-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Just get the Japanese version, it's much cheaper. The language barrier isn't very strong with shmups like these anyway.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

Definitely sad. I like the Aleste series as much as the next guy, but this is ridiculous. For every system, there is a handful of unattainable games from exorbitant pricing. I wish there were more reliable ways for Westerners to buy Japanese games.

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

I'd mainly been focusing on my fishing as of late not any game time. It was a $10 box at a garage sale my dad picked up that started the gears again. A variety of gaming stuff I split it up w/ my brother and such.

I just kept all the Sega which included about a dozen Genesis games. They were so well kept and clean. Later I found myself looking at eBay for a few games I think I need but had previously forgotten about - too expensive.

Praise to the garage sale!
    W E L C O
    M E T O T
    H E N E X
    T
    L E V E L

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lan Di View Post
    Gawd fucking DAM!

I now feel like I got the last one cheap at the last second at the winning bid of $160 a few months ago.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Master of Shinobi

It's a decent game and I generally enjoy COMPILE's output, but I never cared for it enough to actually shell out even $20 dollars when it was cheap. I had no idea until recently that it was going for this much.

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

Just get a Mega EverDrive if you just wanna play it

I play it on my Wii/Gamecube

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

Wow, I can't believe they are actually getting those prices. It's one thing to ask for it another to get it. It's great game but I just don't care that much.

Thread Information