Quantcast

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rent A Hero translator & hacker gives up and hands out his stuff

Megadrive Rent A Hero translator & hacker gives up and hands out his stuff

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/inde...61867.html#new

This is disappointing. But at least there is a chance that someone will pick this up and finish it now.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

That's a shame. I've been hoping to try out this quirky, very Japanese game.

The good news is, the translator says the text is 100% translated, but most of the text boxes and menus need editing. Surely, if the English text is all ready, there must be someone who is capable of putting the puzzle pieces together to make a finished product.

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

Yeah, I've been waiting for this for years and am quite sick and tired of that.

I'm thinking of offering an Investor's edition of any of WaterMelon's upcoming games to whoever finishes this up before my birthday this year (8th of July). Yep, I'll do just that! Maybe it's not much, but perhaps what's needed to give some motivation to any guy interested. I need to do more crazy things in life or it will get dull, and this is a good opportunity.

Damn I have been really wanting to play this in english...hopefully someone else will pick it up

jeez, we dont even got that one game that went to France yet, Surging Aura? or something? I took 3 years of French and all i learned was Como tu'tappelle ? & Comsi Comsa

Master of Shinobi

Yes Rent A Hero is excusable because it is japanese, but I can't get why Surging Aura hasn't been yet translated from FRENCH ! Isn't is supposed to be one of those not-so-hidden gems ? Way more than Langrisser and the likes...

Has anybody ever talked to the person/people who translated Surging Aura into French? They must have the tools available to extract/insert the text along with new fonts, etc. Then all that needs to be done is to translate the vast amount of dialog...

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

You have to lose something in the translation from Japanese as it is, but to go from another language that was translated from Japanese, it would come out very inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Yeah, I've been waiting for this for years and am quite sick and tired of that.
    That's why I don't follow anything. If something comes along, great, but I'm not going to get my expectations up waiting for something.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    You have to lose something in the translation from Japanese as it is, but to go from another language that was translated from Japanese, it would come out very inaccurate.
    Which is why we prefer to leave the game untranslated than basic english translated??

btw I do speak french very well. I'm not that good at engrish, but maybe I could help if we get in touch with this people?

EDIT: is this tool what we need? http://terminus.romhack.net/files/ttpatcher.zip

it's on the page of Surging Aura on their site.
    Last edited by chilled; 05-28-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

If the translation is based on formal French, I am quite confident that we could get an accurate English translation. Keep in mind that there are alot of French speakers who frequent the forums. And considering that this text in a video game, the parlance used is not going to be anything too complicated.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

I'm still waiting for the day that someone will take the noble task to translate the awesome The Hybrid Front.

Master of Shinobi

ok I just sent a mail to the french translation group of Surging Aura asking for the tools they used. On their site you can just find the .ips and the tool to patch the file w the ips.

As for Rent a hero & The hybrid front: hasn't this community got big enough to try to translate or end translations from japanese on our own? Just asking, but that would be great and it would stop me wanting to do more lists. I guess there are japanese speakers in here, aren't they? We have programmers, that's for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    ok I just sent a mail to the french translation group of Surging Aura asking for the tools they used. On their site you can just find the .ips and the tool to patch the file w the ips.

As for Rent a hero & The hybrid front: hasn't this community got big enough to try to translate or end translations from japanese on our own? Just asking, but that would be great and it would stop me wanting to do more lists. I guess there are japanese speakers in here, aren't they? We have programmers, that's for sure...
    I know RedComet works on Surging Aura, but he is like the SNES, he takes things slow ;-) .

This thread contains all the information needed to work on a Surging Aura translation: http://ximwix.net/mirrors/rhdn/index...c=10545.0.html

Apparently the French translator didn't develop any tools.

I started up Rent A Hero and beat a mission. Then I came to a blocker. I reported it in the thread. http://www.romhacking.net/forum/inde...2006#msg262006

Thread Information