Quantcast

Thread: Any fluent in japanese here? - Alien Soldier booklet

Default Any fluent in japanese here? - Alien Soldier booklet

I wonder what these comments from the composer are all about.

I assume that's from the ultra rare Alien Soldier OST? I'll translate it, but all I ask in return is a link to the ripped CD and scanned manual!

Continuing from my work on Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier is the second work that I will have been in charge of, and although the two might appear similar on the surface, Alien Soldier is, on the whole, a very unique piece. I based the music off of things such as the hero being a bird, wave after wave of giant bosses, and speedy attack styles such as "bold", "furious", and "zero movement". However, the circumstances that the hero finds himself in contain an element of sadness and agony, so I've tried to express that in some of the melodies. How did I do?

As for the current arranged version, I've tried my best to be faithful to the image of the original work while also taking some bold risks, and I think I've done a good job. And if I mention one nice addition that I've made, it's including in the music the high-impact sound effects and voices that are heard throughout the game. Please listen well! (while thinking of that particular scene...)

Finally, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who purchased this album. Enjoying the game and this music even more will bring me great happiness!

P.S.
    Thank you to all the staff that helped work on this.
    For our next work, let's do something that lets us record in a more leisurely and carefree manner!

NON

^Rep'd!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JumpingRyle View Post
    I assume that's from the ultra rare Alien Soldier OST? I'll translate it, but all I ask in return is a link to the ripped CD and scanned manual!
    Wow, awesome work! I wish I could do that. Rep for you!

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

all I ask in return is a link to the ripped CD and scanned manual!
    Sent! Thank you so much!

Thanks! When I get some free time I'm planning on translating the original story to Alien Soldier which was included as a bonus on Sega Ages 2500 Vol. 25 for the PS2. It was pretty much entirely cut from the game except for the heavily altered prologue, but the original story is really complex and crazy.

Press Start Button... Death Adder's minion Genezis's Avatar

Any public link?

Thanks! When I get some free time I'm planning on translating the original story to Alien Soldier which was included as a bonus on Sega Ages 2500 Vol. 25 for the PS2. It was pretty much entirely cut from the game except for the heavily altered prologue, but the original story is really complex and crazy.
    Maybe you can begin with the story in the manual of the Japanese version? It's probably much shorter.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Maybe you can begin with the story in the manual of the Japanese version? It's probably much shorter.
    The prologue in the JP manual is pretty much the same as the prologue scroll in the game, although the manual version is actually shorter and less detailed. An interesting thing to note is that although the in-game prologue on the PAL version has fixed all of the typos and strange English in the JP version, the PAL version has a huge error that makes things very confusing: it says that Scarlet tried to assassinate Epsilon Eagle, which makes no sense because Epsilon Eagle is the beloved leader of Scarlet. It should actually say that the A-Humans (Sierrans) tried to kill him.

Here's a site I found that goes over the story more: http://www.gamearchaeology.com/AlienSoldierStory.html

The bonus material in the Sega Ages version has about 20 typed pages of background story and character profiles and has some cool sketches, such as this one:

@JumpingRyle
    you deserve it!

Quote Originally Posted by Txai View Post
    Sent! Thank you so much!
    So where's the link? Let's see some links matey.

Just read that original Alien Soldier plot. Wow. It's even more confusing and bizarre than the one they actually used. Are those screenshots at the bottom of the page from a beta?

The pictures are from a prototype and were found in the May 1994 Gamefan. Here's a scan of the page (I found this on Google... don't know who to credit!):

Road Rasher

I'm curious to hear the story behind the early version of Alien Soldier. Interesting how the early version has a more human looking hero, though I'm glad they used a much less generic character for the final. Nice early look at Light Crusader too.

Does anyone have a mirror for the site with the plot? It's gone, and archive.org doesn't have a copy .

Thread Information