Quantcast

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Action Sonic the Hedgehog movie in works with Humans by Sony

Video Game Modder Outrunner segasonicfan's Avatar

I'm going to have to change my username after this movie comes out
    My Website:
    SEGASONICFAN DESIGNS

Sorry, I don't respond to PM's for repair advice. Please consider posting on the forums - your question might be somebody else's answer!
    I offer free repair advice through public forums as a service to the community and as a repository of information.
    If you cannot post here, I recommend these places that don't have posting restrictions:
    https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php
    https://www.smspower.org/forums/
    https://www.obscuregamers.com/forums/

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    One day I'd like to meet you in person.
    Here he is.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Seen bits of the trailer, and yeah - can't deny it reminds me of that Woody Woodpecker movie. I'll pass.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Eazy's Avatar

Sonic looks horrible. My ten year old daughter who I raised as a sonic fan agrees. But we like robotnik and prefer Sonic when he is a blue blur and you can't make him out because whenever he stops and I look at him this movie sickens me.
    Last edited by Eazy; 05-01-2019 at 04:50 AM.

Excellent job by Jim Carrey playing Nicolas Cage playing Dr. Robotnik.

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

As seen on reddit:

Jim Carrey actually looks kind of cool though. I'll probably rent it in the future, but I have no desire to see it in theatres.
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

Death Adder's minion

this looks bad, I'd rather get dental work without anesthetic than watch this movie.

This makes the old SMB movie look like freakin' a masterpiece by comparison.

Master of Shinobi

The SMB movie was tons of fun as long as you consider it a) not related to the games, or b) the games (and the movie) being a shroom fantasy in the first place. Bob Hoskins was great in his role, and when looked at with modern eyes, it's refreshing to see something that used an actual movie set and not a 95% CGI background. The Goombas looked hilarious too.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    The SMB movie was tons of fun as long as you consider it a) not related to the games, or b) the games (and the movie) being a shroom fantasy in the first place. Bob Hoskins was great in his role, and when looked at with modern eyes, it's refreshing to see something that used an actual movie set and not a 95% CGI background. The Goombas looked hilarious too.
    Agreed. There is a lot to enjoy in the SMB movie, most of which is how weird it is. When I saw it, I couldn't stop laughing at Yoshi being some realistic-looking raptor. The movie had something to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Here he is.

As much as that gave me a chuckle buddy I meant that 100% seriously. I know TA has strange tastes and he's willing to overlook a lot in regards to this movie so I'd actually like to meet him in person, sit down and have a drink with him and talk about Sega face to face. Sometimes it's hard to detect sarcasm from people's posts but I really would like to talk to him one on one.
    05/05/15

Master of Shinobi

The appeal of the Mario movie and the upcoming Sonic movie is sort of like how people get a kick out of the bad American artwork we had back in the day. Cheesy realistic renderings of Mega Man, among others, that didn't even look anything like what they really did when you played the game. People still do their own artistic renditions of game characters in that style just for the humor.

My grandmother overhead us talking about the new Sonic movie. She is not familiar with the character, but heard we were interested in it, and that it had Jim Carrey (who she knew). Jim is one of my sister and nephew's favorite actors, and both grew up with his films and with Sonic (me and my sister with the classic version, and my nephew with the modern Sonic). I explained to my grandmother that it was a video game and cartoon franchise that we grew up with and that they have a movie based on it, now. She chuckled about it and said she would probably want to see it just because she wanted to know why we were in to it. Her childlike naivete is amusing, but in a cute kind of way. It's one of those instances where one of your relatives from the older generation doesn't really know much about it, but it doesn't matter and might be for the better, since they obviously won't be offended by the fact that it's not like the source material. I mean this in a good way, of course! I'm not trying to demean her. In the end, we don't really have to take it too seriously, anyway. Like I said, it is a major failure in terms of faithfulness to where it comes from, but depending on how you look at it, no different that the kick we get out of bad art renderings of other characters.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

I just can't get over how it just seems like this movie with a bigger budget.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

As much as that gave me a chuckle buddy I meant that 100% seriously. I know TA has strange tastes and he's willing to overlook a lot in regards to this movie so I'd actually like to meet him in person, sit down and have a drink with him and talk about Sega face to face. Sometimes it's hard to detect sarcasm from people's posts but I really would like to talk to him one on one.
    Yo when's this going down.

One day I'd like to meet you in person.

I love too. I love to have a drink with any fellow SEGA fan, we are a dying bread these days sadly.

I don't think the trailer is that bad and it's not even like Sonic is my fav Mega Drive game or fav IP...My fav Mega Drive game is Revenge of Shinobi, my fav IP is Panzer Dragoon and Team Andromeda my fav Sega Developer .Sonic or the Sonic team don't come close...

It's like with Jackie Chan; I half know and expect the new Rush Hour and Shanghai noon, will be sh8t. But out of respect and loyalty, I'll go and watch them in the Cinema, if they will actually be made

Same goes for SEGA. Me and 3 girls in work are going to watch the new Sonic film and we're all looking forward l. I don't think the film looks as bad as some are making out. It's a night out with friends in work and where we have a few drinks, play tenpin blowing and watch the showing latter. I hoping for more action secnes like in the desert section in the trailer and some 'TUDE' from Sonic

If its crap, it's still be a nice night out and I'm one of those people who thought Wing Commander the film was amazing and even the Mario Bros film, nowhere near as bad as some love to make..

Feel free to add me on Facebook btw

On NGC? No, DREAMCAST! ;D WCPO Agent GameX's Avatar

https://twitter.com/fowltown/status/1124056098925944832

Thank you for the support. And the criticism. The message is loud and clear... you aren't happy with the design & you want changes. It's going to happen. Everyone at Paramount & Sega are fully committed to making this character the BEST he can be... #sonicmovie #gottafixfast 🔧✌️

2019-05-02_181456.jpg
    Collection:

NES [11/XX/90] / N64 [12/25/03] / GB [2003 or 2004] / GBA SP [2004 or 2005] / NGC [12/25/04] / Wii [12/25/07] / DS Lite [10/21/10] / SNES [05/31/20]

GenMobile [05/XX/10 - 04/17/11] / DC [07/23/10] / GEN1-HDG [10/25/10] / Saturn Model 2 [04/24/11] / Game Gear [07/21/17] / SMS [08/07/17] / GEN2 [08/09/17] / SCD2 [08/09/17] / 32x [08/24/17] / GEN3 [06/06/20] / GEN-Mini [06/10/20]

PS3 Slim 320GB + PSMove [12/25/10] / PS2 Slim [02/09/11] / PS [04/24/11]

Xbox [04/24/11]

Thread Information