Quantcast

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Years of Sega-16: Thanks to All Our Readers

Sonic 10 Years of Sega-16: Thanks to All Our Readers

Sega-16 celebrates its 10th anniversary this month. Who would have thought that we'd still be talking about the Genesis after an entire decade? Well, Genesis fans, that's who! Thank you to everyone who has contributed and read our articles over the years. It's been our pleasure to create them, and we're just getting started! Read the full article for more information.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

Happy birthday Sega-16! Keep on keeping our favorite console relevant for years to come.

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

I didn't realize the site was as, actually, young as it is. I suppose it makes sense, since it wasn't too many years back when I was looking for some more beat 'em ups to check out, and came across these articles...:
    http://www.sega-16.com/2006/03/lost-...ta-east-games/
    http://www.sega-16.com/2006/09/lost-...e-taito-games/
    ...which served as my introduction to Night Slashers(which I might actually consider better than any beat 'em ups on home consoles) and Dungeon Magic/Light Bringer. ...and I guess Silent Dragon, but unlike you, I'm actually glad that was never ported to any home console.

If you're adding more consoles, I'd say go 8-bit before you move beyond 16. Sega's whole 8-bit side really needs a lot more exposition than anything else.
    Last edited by midnightrider; 06-26-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Thankfully Rohga aka Wolf Fang from that Data East list actually did come out on Playstation and Saturn in Japan because that game is fantastic. It needs some digital re-releases.

And the fact that Night Slashers has been lost to time is really a crime.

Congrats on the accomplishment!
    -Rick "Only fools oppose the almighty Megatron"

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...light=foxhound

Happy birthday to Sega-16 my favorite site on the internet for all the great reviews and articles. I haven't been here the whole 10 years as I joined about 6 years ago in 2008 but it's been a great 6 years. Hopefully the site stats around for a really long time for me and everyone else here to enjoy.

Thank you Melf, all of the mods, and everyone else who has contributed to the site for making this such an awesome experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Happy birthday! Been here for 8 years, it's a great place with lots of information, news, nice helpful folks etc. If it wasn't for Sega-16, I would probably not have joined Watermelon, something which hopefully will be a big life changer for me in the near future. I'm very thankful for that and the hundreds of hours of good reading I've had here.

I personally hope the expansion won't cause a big mess. Separate sites for Mega Drive and the other console, but a shared forum would be best. Interview features appearing on both sites if the topic touches both consoles. But maybe since the site hasn't changed much the last few years, an expansion will do it well either way.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Happy Birthday!

I found this site about two years after it launched when I initially went into retro collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Separate sites for Mega Drive and the other console, but a shared forum would be best. Interview features appearing on both sites if the topic touches both consoles. But maybe since the site hasn't changed much the last few years, an expansion will do it well either way.
    This would be the most ideal, but hosting different sites would be too costly. As it is, all I have to do to add new consoles to the site is add them to the drop menus for reviews! I plan to keep the same style for all the machines. For instance, instead of columns for Genesis, Sega CD, and 32X reviews, we'd have (hypothetically) Master System, Genesis, and Saturn. The last column would still be features.

I personally don't see the problem with using the same site. Sure it will make the "16" part into sort of an artifact title but big deal.

The forums here have always leaned heavily towards all generations of Sega already, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    This would be the most ideal, but hosting different sites would be too costly. As it is, all I have to do to add new consoles to the site is add them to the drop menus for reviews! I plan to keep the same style for all the machines. For instance, instead of columns for Genesis, Sega CD, and 32X reviews, we'd have (hypothetically) Master System, Genesis, and Saturn. The last column would still be features.
    How about drop down menues for each console, and each have a separate feature page? Would be kinda annoying to dig through the sheer amount of Mega Drive material to find Master System stuff and vice versa.

That would be easy. All I would need to do is make the feature link a drop menu, like the reviews have. Then, each console could have its own features page. I've been thinking of doing this for our interviews already.

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

Happy Birthday, Love this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    That would be easy. All I would need to do is make the feature link a drop menu, like the reviews have. Then, each console could have its own features page. I've been thinking of doing this for our interviews already.
    Sounds great! I'm a bit autistic, so I like to have things well organized .

Thread Information