Quantcast

Thread: Kega Fusion save game problems(It doesn't work)

Nameless One

Default Kega Fusion save game problems(It doesn't work)

I have what I believe is the latest version of this... 3.64?

I usually run in limited user mode(XP Home) but I have Kega running in a non-administrative folder and it will just not save games. It does not matter if I run it in an admin or non-admin mode. I cannot get it to save games, or high scores. I've tried the KF forums with no resolution found.
    Last edited by A31Chris; 06-29-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

Sounds odd. Did you assign save folders for each console?

Options>Set Config...>SMS/GG tab>"SxM files," and "State files" sections.
    Options>Set Config...>Genesis tab>"SRM files," and "State files" sections.
    Options>Set Config...>Sega CD tab>"BRM files," and "State files" sections.

Make a folder for the "patch" areas of the SMS/GG and Genesis tabs if you want the emulator to remember cheat codes(game genie and the like).

If it's working right, load a game that saves, then go File>Power Off. There should be a message in the lower right corner that should read "(console name here) SRAM."

Also, home consoles never saved high scores, just arcade cabinets.
    Last edited by midnightrider; 06-29-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Nameless One

Thank you. I will try this. I don't think I got such an in depth response on the KF forums.

Nameless One

I was having trouble specifically with Jurassic Park CD not saving my place. Others did not have that problem.

Does Paperboy(Genesis) save scores to cartridge? Because it won't either on KF for me.

Quote Originally Posted by A31Chris View Post
    I was having trouble specifically with Jurassic Park CD not saving my place. Others did not have that problem.
    So save works correctly on other games, just not Jurassic Park CD? And by save, you mean the in-game save, not a save state, correct? Do save states work in Jurassic Park CD?

Does Paperboy(Genesis) save scores to cartridge? Because it won't either on KF for me.
    No, scores aren't saved. It costs money to put an SRAM chip in a cartridge to save, and very rarely will a developer do that just for saving scores. Of course, you could use the save state feature of the emulator to save the scores, though.

Nameless One

Whoa just tried JP and it worked. Though I looked in the folder and can't find the brm file anywhere. Weird. Thank you for the help.

Nameless One

No I meant other people were having no trouble saving JP games on their system. And now it works for me and I jumped through hoops for a while trying to get it to work before. But seems to oddly be working fine now!

Looking it up I noticed some games had to have the save memory formatted on them. It appears I didn't need to do that for JP I guess but it's nice to know for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpingRyle View Post
    So save works correctly on other games, just not Jurassic Park CD? And by save, you mean the in-game save, not a save state, correct? Do save states work in Jurassic Park CD?

No, scores aren't saved. It costs money to put an SRAM chip in a cartridge to save, and very rarely will a developer do that just for saving scores. Of course, you could use the save state feature of the emulator to save the scores, though.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A31Chris View Post
    Looking it up I noticed some games had to have the save memory formatted on them. It appears I didn't need to do that for JP I guess but it's nice to know for future reference.
    Yeah it was the same with Genesis emulators on the Xbox, sometimes you just had to format the memory before it would save.

Thread Information