Quantcast

Thread: Virtua Racing 32X Sticker Labels Are Flipped?!

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

32X Virtua Racing 32X Sticker Labels Are Flipped?!

So I was sorting through my 32X stuff last night trying to clear out some thing and I noticed something when going through my copies of Virtua Racing. In almost all the copies I have, the labels are printed upside down.

Here's a picture, flipped ones are on the left. The "proper" way is the one on the right:

Notice how for all the ones on the left, the heavily curved part of the label is on the top instead of the bottom? Where normally for a 32X label it's the other way, to match that recessed part in the actual cartridge where the label is supposed to go.

Has anyone else noticed this before? I didn't see another thread talking about it so I thought I'd mention it. Does anyone else have copies that are flipped like this, or are most of them oriented the right way?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

mine is flipped too

im guessing this is either the way its suppoed to be
    or a huge printing error and there were too many to have them destroyed ( or not enough time to have them destroyed and reprinted so they just went with it )
    Kitsune in a hat

Death Adder's minion

Yeah this is fairly common. My guess is that they were just printing errors later corrected. I believe there are Star Wars carts that have this issue as well.

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

Yeah definitely looks like a corporate "Fuck it Dude. Lets go bowling"

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

Yeah I think most people have known about these for a long time. I have at least, I was buying 32X games back in 2009 or so.

Doom might also have some copies with upside down labels.

I had never seen a thread or anyone talking about it so I decided to bring it up.

I will check all my duplicate Doom and SW copies when I get a chance then.
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I have a stranger tale to tell. My Virtua Racing I have right now came in a Star Wars Arcade case, and the Star Wars sticker was the same way, upside down....Anyway, I ended up just relabeling the thing.

Star Wars and Virtua Racing were both launch games. People should check their Doom as well. My Virtua Racing, bought at launch, is upside down. My Star Wars and Doom, both acquired much later, are fine. Which is the more rare one? I can't wait so see eBay auctions: "Virtua Racing 32X S00per r4r3 misprinted upsid3 d0wn stickerz teh awsum L000k!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Star Wars and Virtua Racing were both launch games. People should check their Doom as well. My Virtua Racing, bought at launch, is upside down. My Star Wars and Doom, both acquired much later, are fine. Which is the more rare one? I can't wait so see eBay auctions: "Virtua Racing 32X S00per r4r3 misprinted upsid3 d0wn stickerz teh awsum L000k!!!!"
    Heh, I'm hardly one to talk as I have a bit of collectard in me regarding the 32x. I actually sought out copies of the 3 games with the "Not For Resale" stickers on them :O

Thread Information