Quantcast

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Air Busters registration card found relating to the KANEKO gloves , Interesting

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Question Air Busters registration card found relating to the KANEKO gloves , Interesting

Sorry if I'm making a little to many posts here in the collector's thread. This might be the last one I'll be making in a while anyways.

So many of you already know how in the back of the Air Buster's case for the Sega Genesis. It states how it offers KANEKO gloves?

Well I recently sold my old copy of Air Buster to obtain another copy in better condition, which has been pretty good doing with a few of my games lately. Anyways when my copy arrived, it came with something I wasn't expecting. It was a registration card, a possibly rare one at that.

It's a reg card stating an apology to the customer about not receiving their gloves.

[img]
    [/img]

So it's possible these guys never got around making the gloves due to time constraints.
    This is also possibly why we never seen these gloves to begin with.

Now this also kind of pisses me off for the fact that I could have bought a copy of Air Busters with the gloves included, lol.
    Last edited by Thunderblaze16; 07-16-2014 at 08:36 PM.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Wildside Expert

I want a pair of those gloves.
    WELCO
    METOT
    HENEX
    TLEVEL

Wildside Expert

They also had the glove offer in their magazine ads too.

Last edited by Chaniyth; 07-17-2014 at 05:35 PM.
    WELCO
    METOT
    HENEX
    TLEVEL

Formerly segafan1989 Master of Shinobi 4Runner's Avatar

Man, I just love retro advertising. Take control of your warship, fast and furious action and the game is hot! But you only get one glove so I guess the left hand is gonna burn!

airbuster_glove.jpg

They did actually put the glove out...a buddy from Alt.Sega.Genesis, Mojo Jojo, sent me a picture of one on his hand. I still find it amusing that they would even attempt this for a game that allows for the option of "Auto Fire". ;)

Bel

That looks like a left-handed glove. But the one on the box looks right-handed. Which is it? This is the first actual evidence I have ever seen of the glove's actual existence, by the way. I guarantee it gives the player the advantage when trying to save the entire universe!

I'm not real sure...it's possible he shot it in a mirror, it's possible the one on the box is mirrored...maybe they just sent out random versions of it. I don't really have any way of getting a hold of Mojo anymore, and his email back on ASG/RGVS was with Prodigy(which I don't think is around anymore)...so I'm not really sure how to get more info on it.

Bel

Sad thing is that, that is the only picture of the glove on the net. I'm willing to send this reg card to kaneko if they are still in that same address.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    Sad thing is that, that is the only picture of the glove on the net.
    Then I'm glad I was able to get it from him; like most, I'd really only ever seen it in the magazine ads. I think I was doing a quick review for Air Buster at the time, or maybe just talking about it in ASG/RGVS and he mentioned that he actually had it. I think the picture I added was the full-res shot he got of it(this was a while back, so the phone he must have shot it on probably didn't have the greatest of resolution), but I'll try to take a look and see if I have anything larger...I'll also see if I can dig up the thread where he talked about it, see if there's any further info to add.

If I haven't added anything by the weekend, just post a reply(or shoot me a PM) to remind me...

Bel

That be awesome! Never have I've been so interested on a freaking glove before.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Lol, I actually wondered about that glove when you first posted the game for sale. Glad to see it exists.

There are "gaming gloves" like that for the Turbo Grafx 16 too.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    Sad thing is that, that is the only picture of the glove on the net. I'm willing to send this reg card to kaneko if they are still in that same address.
    dont bother
    kaneko went out of business in 2005
    Kitsune in a hat

Fingerless gloves make you tougher. Just like a fedora makes you classier.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

I'm not convinced that the glove exists, or that the thumbs-up photo is definitely showing the same thing...

What about these? They're for Genesis and TG-16, and Air Buster/Blaster came out for those two consoles. Could they be related in some way?

Thread Information