Quantcast

Page 97 of 148 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2206

Thread: Gabriel Pyron's Color Hacks!!! (Golden Axe, Street Fighter II, Final Fight CD, etc)

  1. #1441
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    Now i started to improve the color palettes of Kid Chameleon, one of my favorite games EVER!!!

    ORIGINAL/HACK
    I have always liked the game, but the colors used on some levels annoyed me. Looking good!

  2. #1442
    Outrunner Stef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    CANCELLED!

    I concluded that Contra Hard Corps looks good and don't need a color improvement, like the others users had said.
    Oh really ? I always though Contra HC had really bad graphics and colors use in general (as does Castlevania MD), too bad you canned it :-/

  3. #1443
    Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,637
    Rep Power
    143

    Default

    Contra HC is hit and miss. Some parts look really nice while others are rather meh (too many greys and dark blues), I still think it could use some retouching, but I agree it can be a low priority thing. At no point does Contra HC go as bad as bloodlines at its worst.

    Oh and loving the Kid Chameleon change! I might actually finish the damn thing now .

  4. #1444
    Wildside Expert MathUser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    don't cancel the double dragon games. That's what I'm on the look out for.

  5. #1445
    Master of Shinobi LinkueiBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,054
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    Oh really ? I always though Contra HC had really bad graphics and colors use in general (as does Castlevania MD), too bad you canned it :-/
    Contra HC Graphics looks much better and polished than the graphics from Bloodlines.

    I pass this job to Pyron
    Last edited by LinkueiBR; 02-05-2015 at 02:36 PM.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!


    Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

  6. #1446
    Wildside Expert otobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    Contra HC is hit and miss. Some parts look really nice while others are rather meh (too many greys and dark blues), I still think it could use some retouching, but I agree it can be a low priority thing. At no point does Contra HC go as bad as bloodlines at its worst.

    Oh and loving the Kid Chameleon change! I might actually finish the damn thing now .
    Both points true!
    Some colours in Contra HC are just badly chosen, while other parts are quite nice. My overall sentiment though is that it's not a graphically successful game.
    Kid Chameleon stage 1 looks great now. That's a game you can spend hours on, so it had better be easy on the eyes

  7. #1447
    Raging in the Streets
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,151
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    I was thinking of how ugly you made Kid Chameleon look, then realised that was the original version lol.

    Those earthy tones are very... amiga-ish? I like it. Big improvement.

  8. #1448
    Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,670
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    Fault 3rd Party Games on the Genesis

    Didn't put 100% in there games

  9. #1449
    Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    I love that Kid Chameleon edit, LinkueiBR.

    That's one of my favorite games on the genesis, and your palette hack looks great!
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

  10. #1450
    Outrunner Stef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    Contra HC Graphics looks much better and polished than the graphics from Bloodlines.

    I pass this job to Pyron
    Hehe no worries, actually you have to do what you want to do
    Personally i still think that Contra HC is one of the worst genesis game in term of graphics but that is just my feeling !

  11. #1451
    Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cologne, FRG
    Posts
    7,816
    Rep Power
    93

    Default

    ^ I agree. Definitely a game with some really bad color choices.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

    Then we set about developing killer games.

    - Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

  12. #1452
    Master of Shinobi Pyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,954
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    Hehe no worries, actually you have to do what you want to do
    Personally i still think that Contra HC is one of the worst genesis game in term of graphics but that is just my feeling !
    Quote Originally Posted by retrospiel View Post
    ^ I agree. Definitely a game with some really bad color choices.
    I think that Contra HC have i western cartoon feel and look very good for me,
    nice art, blazing effects and some beautifull grafics.

    But like everyone said, some places is ugly like helll, example... forest level and etc..
    must be revised for someone with good sense. Maybe i look at it in the future but have some gome to do first.

    Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

  13. #1453
    Outrunner
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    The best example was posted before, backgrounds like RocketKnight makes the Contra backgrounds ugly. Really.

  14. #1454
    Master of Shinobi LinkueiBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,054
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gogogadget View Post
    I was thinking of how ugly you made Kid Chameleon look, then realised that was the original version lol.

    Those earthy tones are very... amiga-ish? I like it. Big improvement.
    Yeah, i really like "AMIGA-ISH" colors style hehe.

    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeOj View Post
    I love that Kid Chameleon edit, LinkueiBR.

    That's one of my favorite games on the genesis, and your palette hack looks great!
    Thanks!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by otobo View Post
    Both points true!
    Some colours in Contra HC are just badly chosen, while other parts are quite nice. My overall sentiment though is that it's not a graphically successful game.
    Kid Chameleon stage 1 looks great now. That's a game you can spend hours on, so it had better be easy on the eyes
    I want to make Backgrounds little more clear than the Characters:

    ORIGINAL/HACK
    Last edited by LinkueiBR; 02-06-2015 at 02:45 PM.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!


    Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

  15. #1455
    Hero of Algol
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,103
    Rep Power
    189

    Default

    To be very honest, LinkueiBR, I'm really looking forward to your Kid Chameleon hack. I just hope you don't get frustrated by its 100+ levels.
    But it's a HUGE improvement IMO.

    I could never stand the graphics of this game. Before realizing how badly these palettes could be chosen I used to think it was its tiles which sucked, lol. But, no, in your version the tiles look good and I can appreciate the details without making my eyes bleed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •