Quantcast

Page 54 of 149 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabriel Pyron's Color Hacks!!! (Golden Axe, Street Fighter II, Final Fight CD, etc)

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by tomaitheous View Post
    Two weeks? Pfft. There are people that have been hacking a game for 5+ years. If it's under 3 months, it ain't nuttin' Hell, I've been writing my little game for a month and a half straight; working on it ~everyday~. Just did 8 hours straight last night on it.
    Good for you, tomaitheous. It's funny how you never miss a chance to praise yourself and ride your tech savy high horse.
    However, it doesn't change the fact that the guy had already asked for a break and I think we should respect that.

This site is 10 years old now and I've seen lots of discussions about improving the palette of MD games but it had never resulted in a completed patch AFAIK, so maybe we could cut him some slack.

For great justice! Outrunner Tor Landeel's Avatar

Not everybody can afford losing so much time over a long span.
    It's not about deserving a break, it's his life and we have to respect his choice.
    ***** トル・ランディール ******
    Cadash Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3905/
    Out Run Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3940/

Yeah, take a break and come back when tomaitheous needs help editing the palettes of his game .

ding-doaw Raging in the Streets tomaitheous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Good for you, tomaitheous. It's funny how you never miss a chance to praise yourself and ride your tech savy high horse.
    However, it doesn't change the fact that the guy had already asked for a break and I think we should respect that.

This site is 10 years old now and I've seen lots of discussions about improving the palette of MD games but it had never resulted in a completed patch AFAIK, so maybe we could cut him some slack.
    Dude, you've kind of turned into a dick lately. Relax. And actually, my response was to the peeps posting on here thinking 2 weeks is a lot of time. He's a hacker, and in the hacker community 2 weeks is a drop in the bucket (who is that insulting?). I missed the part where I praised myself or spewed tech savy stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Yeah, take a break and come back when tomaitheous needs help editing the palettes of his game .
    Nah, he's got more important work to do. I vote for Shinobi 3 or Cadash (BGs mostly).

Hero of Algol

Dude, you've kind of turned into a dick lately.
    I am a dick.

Relax. And actually, my response was to the peeps posting on here thinking 2 weeks is a lot of time. He's a hacker, and in the hacker community 2 weeks is a drop in the bucket (who is that insulting?).
    Yeah, since I'm not a homebrew developer like you I'm an idiot and I can't understand your posts. I also have no idea how much time some hacks take to be completed.
    Thanks for teaching me the basics, tomaitheous.

By the way, I think Pyron is the one entitled to judge if two weeks of his time is a lot of time or not. That's the point, actually.

I missed the part where I praised myself or spewed tech savy stuffs.
    Oh, of course you missed, you're just so used to win discussions using arguments like "Have you ever coded anything for the [old console name here]? I have developed this, that...".

\ o / so much confusion here ... Let me try to explain a little better.

I'm actually doing this for months, I started and never stopped. When I started putting things in RHNT I had several things ready. Previously I only shared with close friends and then started to show this work in two Brazilian forums I participate. After a friend gave the suggestion to share the work in RHNT because he thought the result was really good.

So I put my first project (streets of Rage 2) there that was just for testing and learning. It was at this time that I began to have contact with other people who appreciate what I do. Out of nowhere it started raining private messages because someone posted this hack in RetroCollect http://www.retrocollect.com/News/str...ega-drive.html

I revised it's what I had done and started putting all there. When I finished doing the patch for SF2SCE received a Message from Barone with generous words, He also said he had created a topic here. Until then I only read what was here but did not participate, and since then polishing the games came in a participatory way with you. In the case of the bloodlines was more intense because I wanted to finish but I put aside other duties that I had to do in his personal life. So I need a break to organize things, but soon I'm back. So in the meantime enjoy these games and are making a vote among you for the next game (Must be unique to MD).

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

I think GameArts failed pretty hard with their palettes of Lunar: the Silver Star and Alisia Dragoon. I hear they used some weird palette system where they had 3 sprite palettes and 1 background palette or something like that.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Alisia Dragoon should really be the next, awesome game with ugly colours.

It looks a lot better on a crappy TV, but on an emulator (or RGB), ugh...

Hero of Algol

Alisia Dragoon has my vote as well.

All these awesome hacks are going to make me get an Everdrive sooner than I expected, Pyron should get a commission.

rent a hero! Road Rasher maxxfarras's Avatar

My vote is for Contra HardCorps. It's an amazing coded game but many of scenaries uses very ugly colors IMO.
    hay que tomar el control del descontrol.

Sports Talker

My vote is for Pyron have profits with his work.
    If has no problem with copyrighted related, a kickstarter campaign as already suggested would be a excellent way to compensate his work. I would support!
    By the way, after him take a break, Alisia Dragoon for the next!

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    A vote for The Punisher
    hahaha i think that Pyron is talented, but it would take a freaking magician to make that game look good.

ding-doaw Raging in the Streets tomaitheous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    My vote is for Pyron have profits with his work.
    If has no problem with copyrighted related, a kickstarter campaign as already suggested would be a excellent way to compensate his work. I would support!
    By the way, after him take a break, Alisia Dragoon for the next!
    Meh, he's just distributing the patch. Shouldn't be a copyright concern. But yeah, he needs a page for his works, and a paypal donation button. I'm hoping he's caught the hacking bug and will do/learn more advance stuffs (tile/sprite decompression, etc). The Genesis/MD scene is sorely lacking in this area IMO. Kickstarter might be a bit much, unless he's doing something really advance or time consuming (aka any number of JRPGs that need translations).

For great justice! Outrunner Tor Landeel's Avatar

My vote is for Cadash.
    I would focus on arcade ports, not on games like Contra that will end in arbitrary color choices.
    ***** トル・ランディール ******
    Cadash Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3905/
    Out Run Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3940/

Thread Information