Quantcast

Page 115 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2229

Thread: Gabriel Pyron's Color Hacks!!! (Golden Axe, Street Fighter II, Final Fight CD, etc)

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by negative chill View Post
    How many Genesis games use mapper chips if I may ask?
    From what I've read, all games bigger than 32Mbit, and all games bigger than 16Mbit if they use SRAM.

As for the SSF2 mapper chip, only SSF2 uses it.

I'd love to see you do your own take on sf2ce Pyron, like just your own interpretation of the colors you wanna see. Itd be interesting. That and do shadow dancer already! 😊

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    in the future i will try improve sf2ce patch, using the cahr colors of ssf2 and try improve some bkg
    i did some tests

old / new

That loook great! Can't wait to see the final version...
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Quote Originally Posted by retrospiel View Post
    That loook great! Can't wait to see the final version...
    here http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2090/

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Puzzle Bobbler Wildside Expert smokemonster's Avatar

I've really been enjoying your work Pyron. Castlevania, Golden Axe I & II, SOR 2, TMNT, and FF2 are my favorites. Beautiful work!

Sports Talker

Great improvement! Thanks a lot!
    But, if possible for the next update, I would really prefer if you let the characters Zangief, Sagat and Dhalsim in their original colors. The same for SSF2. Please consider this, since their original colors are more similar to the arcade.

Quote Originally Posted by smokemonster View Post
    I've really been enjoying your work Pyron. Castlevania, Golden Axe I & II, SOR 2, TMNT, and FF2 are my favorites. Beautiful work!
    Thank you dude, but for just curiosity.... you do not like all fighting games patch?

Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Great improvement! Thanks a lot!
    But, if possible for the next update, I would really prefer if you let the characters Zangief, Sagat and Dhalsim in their original colors. The same for SSF2. Please consider this, since their original colors are more similar to the arcade.
    Sorry man, but i'm done here, you can get the old version... thats is more closer to the original one
    but i will never go change this again... i prefer my last version much more.. sorry

example here...

arcade / v2 / original capcom

feel the shell shock! WCPO Agent negative chill's Avatar

Pyron's hacks are kind of making me wonder why the games that he's "enhancing" were so muddied or mis-colored in the first place

“The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn’t understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.”—Eric Schmidt

Thank you dude, but for just curiosity.... you do not like all fighting games patch?

Sorry man, but i'm done here, you can get the old version... thats is more closer to the original one
    but i will never go change this again... i prefer my last version much more.. sorry

example here...

arcade / v2 / original capcom
    I don't know how someone can say their original colors are more similar to the arcade when it's clearly the other way around.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

i know, i dont get it either. the colors are drastically off and were corrected as closely as the genny could get it. None of the original colors were correct!

Outrunner

Maybe because the old TV's with RF or bad devkit manuals/best practice? I dunno either :S

Puzzle Bobbler Wildside Expert smokemonster's Avatar

The fighting games look beautiful too. They much richer and more like what you expect out of an arcade port. You are doing really incredible work here

Have you ever considered submitting your completed roms to a permanent host like archive.org? That would ensure that these are still available to future generations. They were great games to begin with, but I'd never go back to the originals after seeing your restorations.

Hey, Pyron. We have brought your patch to Neogaf. Maybe not the thread it deserves, but its something.

I haven't had the chance of testing it thoroughly, but so far I have to congratulate you for Blanka sprite and Jamaica stage. Latter one was far from be fixable since its broken as fuck, but you improved sky greatly in a very clever way.

Hi guys, i made some updates on SSF2 patch using some feedback coments, the major changes is on the opening sequence,
    you can download it here http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2413/

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Great! I love these improvements to previous hacks, making an almost perfect hack even more close to perfect
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Thread Information