Quantcast

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Bill's Tomato Game Sales Thread! Only 100 Copies Produced!

I got my copy of the game, thanks a lot! The game is good, I like the gameplay and the music. I'm glad you used all new parts for this release. With quite a few publishers releasing new Genesis games now, I hope you can get a license from a IP owner for a future release. If Super Fighter Team and Pico can do it, so can you. It would be the natural next step.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

From what I read there isn't a manual with this release, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    From what I read there isn't a manual with this release, right?
    No manual, just cart and generic game case with appropriate styled genesis slip-cover.
    It's a little disappointing that it doesn't match an official release 1-to-1, but I'm psyched to be able to get a copy and support the work of these guys. Well, I wouldn't have bought it if the game didn't interest me. It's a nice bonus that I actually have had fun and amusement playing it.

I just received my copy and the cart has no screws and feels very loose, is that normal?

Shouldn't feel loose, but the no screws is normal. They are brand new after market shells, they clip together similar to famicom cases. For some reason the screw holes were kept, though they serve no practical purpose other than cosmetic (you could add screws for the "effect" I guess).

Let me know if there are other issues, I'll rectify them immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark0673 View Post
    Shouldn't feel loose, but the no screws is normal. They are brand new after market shells, they clip together similar to famicom cases. For some reason the screw holes were kept, though they serve no practical purpose other than cosmetic (you could add screws for the "effect" I guess).

Let me know if there are other issues, I'll rectify them immediately.
    What I mean by loose is that when I shake the cart I can hear the PCB rattling about. I could use the cart as a hand percussion.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWar View Post
    What I mean by loose is that when I shake the cart I can hear the PCB rattling about. I could use the cart as a hand percussion.
    Yup, that one is news to me. Sold 98 of them so far and this is the first I heard of the tamborine syndrome.

I can offer a full refund if you are unhappy with the game, would even cover shipping. Shoot me a pm and let me know what I can do to make you happy.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Yup, that one is news to me. Sold 98 of them so far and this is the first I heard of the tamborine syndrome.
    Mine has the same issue, actually. The circuit board rattles fairly freely, probably because the case itself is loose (none of the seams are flush). The game works fine, though it won't fit in my Model 2 or Nomad -- I have to use my 32X -- as even if I compress the cartridge case to temporarily close the seams, it's too thick by a margin of a couple millimeters.

BTW I'm not saying any of this to bust your chops -- just reporting the facts. I very much appreciate all your efforts in releasing this.

I am pretty sure the use of screws would fix the rattling. Just pressing on the cart stops the PCB from moving. Only problem Is I will need to find loose gamebit screws.

Bump!

All paid copies ship tomorrow, invoices coming for the rest of you all. Only 23 copies left, so get those orders in!

IMPORTANT NOTE: As stated in the first post, these are BRAND NEW aftermarket Genny cart shells. They are thicker than your average cart and will fit VERY snug in your Genny. I personally tested every single cart in my Model 3 (snug fit) and model 2 (snugger fit). Just so that everyone knows ahead of time, the spacing is very tight. Also, even though there are holes for screws, the carts snap together (much like Famicom games). Rest assured that I didn't accidentally ship yours without screws

Thanks for all the orders, you guys rock!
    No harm done guys, feedback is feedback. I posted this on August 4th, though many people could have missed it. I tried to be clear about the cases to the best of my ability, and I personally tested them in a model 2 and 3, but can understand that there is going to be some variation.

I was super happy with the quality of the clamshells, just thought they were a bit too thick to be perfect. Didn't realize the pcb felt loose inside, but it shouldn't impact the function in the least as I tested every copy and each fired up first try.

Again, if for any reason anyone is unhappy in any way about their purchase, just hit me up and I'll make it right.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

For the record, I actually did read your post about the "death grip" et al. Like I said, my particular cart shell literally won't fit through the slot -- it's just that millimeter or two too big, and can't be forced without shearing plastic off the cart slot. But given where these cart cases were manufactured, some variation is to be expected.

Are there threads in the screw holes? If so, then a few off-the-shelf screws would fix that half of the issue for me and MaxWar. No need for Gamebit screws, I shouldn't think.

Having done repros for many, many years, I have a couple hundred screws if people want them (both sega security and Akklaim style screws). If anyone would like a set for their cart, I could certainly accommodate. I can also check and see if they fit first

Very nice!

Hello,
    I'm quite interested to buy numbers 71 and 81 if they are still ready. Shipping to France.

Thanks a lot.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Hello everyone, apologies for resurrecting an old thread, for some reason I still can't start new ones.

Is there any plans for additional physical releases in future? If not, would there be any objection to me producing a physical edition for people who missed out in 2014? I've been tinkering with Genesis repros for a while now and could easily produce a batch of 10, 50 or even 100 if there is enough interest.

Cheers

Thread Information