Quantcast

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: List of new physical releases

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Question

So I have an interesting one, Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra. The site Good Deal Games lists it for sale as an "English translated" Genesis/MD release, and after inquiring for details, they claim it is a regular cartridge (not a CD), and they're not sure who made/published it; all they know is they "picked up a handful of copies at a trade show in Ohio last summer".

The little I've been able to find is, this was originally a Japan-only SegaCD game, but there were plans for a standard MD port, and according to SegaRetro, a prototype cart has been found/dumped.

I haven't been able to find any info about anyone working to localize/release this, does anyone know anything about it?
    Last edited by billybob884; 12-20-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert McValdemar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billybob884 View Post
    So I have an interesting one, Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra. The site Good Deal Games lists it for sale as an "English translated" Genesis/MD release, and after inquiring for details, they claim it is a regular cartridge (not a CD), and they're not sure who made/published it; all they know is they "picked up a handful of copies at a trade show in Ohio last summer".

The little I've been able to find is, this was originally a Japan-only SegaCD game, but there were plans for a standard MD port, and according to SegaRetro, a prototype cart has been found/dumped.

I haven't been able to find any info about anyone working to localize/release this, does anyone know anything about it?
    They simply put on cartridge a prototype of the translated version of the game.
    I never found someone stating that managed to play it until the end so error/crashes or other things might still happen.

It's also given as download on my portal for MegaDrive. Sorry the website is in english but is easy to find stuff.

http://www.segamegadrive.it/giochi-unreleased/

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

Quote Originally Posted by McValdemar View Post
    They simply put on cartridge a prototype of the translated version of the game.
    I never found someone stating that managed to play it until the end so error/crashes or other things might still happen.
    Ok that's pretty much what I figured. Since someone had taken the time to translate it, I wondered if maybe they had also gone through and finished it, but if not then I agree it doesn't belong on the list.

Thread Information