Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chuck Rock 2: Son of Chuck

Master of Shinobi

For the most part I'm with Zebbe on this one though I think 4 is a little harsh (maybe a 6 would be better), I find the graphics to be pretty awful for most of the game tbh, and the game is an example of all effects but no art direction, there are a few levels that do look good such as the water level and lava stages but these are the exceptions to the rule.

I'd also go along with the Master System version being better too, it's nice to see that he ended up at the same conclusion as me on that one (and he wrote that years ago now) as someone was criticising me on a forum the other day for saying I prefered the MS version on my website.

16-bit Vidjagame Player Nameless One TjN001's Avatar

I for one really liked this game. Giving it a 4 seems really harsh in my opinion. The graphics weren't that bad at all, in fact I like the style of the game. The music wasn't the best, but it did a fair job. Fun game if you ask me.

The graphics are definitely good for this game. I just don't find it as playable or fun as the first Chuck Rock.

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

Another poorly done review ... nice job! This game actually has good cartoony colorful graphics and a cute soundtrack. The difficulty is not overly frustrating and the controls are simple. The character design for the baby on the otherhand ... looks hideous! Despite this minor flaw, it is still worth playing.

You know, it's a good think Sr. got rid of Gary Gritter before Gary could get his hands on Jr.

(If you get that joke you must feel as old as I do for making it)

Road Rasher

Currently the review displays a score of 5 out of 10. Is this a mistake or was the score changed retroactively? If so, why?

I think I revised some of my review scores later, including this one. I was a bit too harsh on the game, so I upped it a bit.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

I like this one better than Chuck Rock: better (if less colorful, I think?) graphics with some nifty scaling effects, good BGM by Matt Furniss and improved general playability. Just a funny game without high ambitions, better, as I said before, but surprisingly not as memorable as its predecessor, maybe because it lacked the marketing campaign of the first iteration.

Thread Information