Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Limitless" A Sega Genesis Chip Music Album By Jredd

Default "Limitless" A Sega Genesis Chip Music Album By Jredd

Hi guys. I'm new here, but if any of you have been following Project Y you might know that I am a co-composer on the project with Groovemaster303 . However, if you are interested in what I sound like by myself feel free to check this out:

http://trevinhughes.bandcamp.com/album/limitless It's a free album of some of my best solo work, but there is an option to donate to me if you'd like.

Now, just in case some of you are doubtful that my music can run on an actual genesis here is a demo by Sigflup where some of my music is used. Download it here: https://ucollective.org/visual/sigflup/blowfish/ Here's a video of it in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-bkMvSSII0

Last but not least, here's my soundcloud page if any of you would like to keep up to date on my latest music.

https://soundcloud.com/jredd

So, there you have it. I'm Jredd, and I am finally posting here! Sorry for so many links at once, but I figured it would better to introduce myself this way.

Oh, and if you have some demos or something you are working on and need a musician I can probably help with that. I'm looking forward to being more active here .

Thanks guys!

-Jredd

I remain nonsequitur Shining Hero sheath's Avatar

Perfect timing, I was just getting bored with Streets of Rage music while waiting for the next appointment. Thanks, hopefully some of these will end up on the newly repaired car's ancient MP3 player.
    "... If Sony reduced the price of the Playstation, Sega would have to follow suit in order to stay competitive, but Saturn's high manufacturing cost would then translate into huge losses for the company." p170 Revolutionaries at Sony.

"We ... put Sega out of the hardware business ..." Peter Dille senior vice president of marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Excellent stuff. Long time fan here.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Jredd, glad to see you here man, love your stuff (except the silly voices... well... sometimes)

EDIT: Enchanted Forest <3
    Last edited by Kamahl; 09-04-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Amazing stuff JreDD!

Sunset is my favorite song, i love it congratulations!
    and please never stop of doing this s2

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the love. As for the "silly voices", they are me . Why? Because I can ha ha. Like them or not, you have to admit the sample quality is better than what you hear in most Genesis games so I like to show that the Genesis can do that . Besides, I am silly. I can't help that .
    Also, while I'm at it check out my new collaboration with Robugga who is another awesome Sega Genesis musician . https://soundcloud.com/jredd/dream-d...ing-robuggamp3

Here's his soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/robugaa So there you go, even more Sega music for you guys . Some of his stuff is collaborations with me and others, but he's awesome all by himself . If I could bring more people in to compose for project Y he'd be at the top of my list .

Awesome stuff, but 'Fire At Will' and 'Battle Clash' takes the cake for me; i can clearly picture myself blasting through a Shmup while rocking to this music.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Welcome aboard Jredd! My favourite tracks are:
    Beyond the Stars is a really nice composition;
    Fire At Will has an unmistakable dance club rhythm that's quite catchy;
    And Blue Ska is a great tune! I'm sure Judge Dread, Laurel Aitken, Bad manners, The Selected would be proud!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Wildside Expert Groovemaster303's Avatar

Welcome to Sega 16 my friend, it's great to have you here.

Now I have something to listen to while at work :-)

Quote Originally Posted by retrospiel View Post
    Excellent stuff. Long time fan here.
    Hey dude! I think I sent a reply to your message and added you as a friend but I am new here so I am not completely sure if I did everything right ha ha. About your offer discussed in the private message...yes I am very interested. I'd like to know a bit more details about it but yes it sounds extremely cool!

Master of Shinobi streetsofrage's Avatar

This is awesome , someone needs to make a game or hack streets of rage and put this music in it.
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

Long time, but are the VGMs available for these awesome tracks (Blowfish)?

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xbrinkx View Post
    Long time, but are the VGMs available for these awesome tracks (Blowfish)?
    I'm glad you asked this for 2 reasons.

1, I love Jredd, Groovemasters and others compositions here and I'd like to put all my favorites of their tracks in a folder on my desktop just to vibe to.

2, If either they create music using just real hardware keybords, or just programs like and/or even use both and they save their master sessions as wavs, (mp3 pro for soundcloud too) can they convert that to vgm or do they have to compose their music from a VGM music maker and vgm is nothing more than midi the genesis pcm sound chip reads? I'm confused.

If these guys ever made a whole compilation I would like to submit a beat as wav, but I don't know if Everdrive could play it back on my Genesis, even at half the conversion rate (44.1 to 22 hz).
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

Extreme Procrastinator Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

If there was .vgms, it'd be nice to do SidWiz printouts.

But on the other hand, SidWiz still has huge issues with FM waveforms. Wouldn't want to get them only for people to be disappointed.

Thread Information