Quantcast

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Man X & Sega Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by retronostalgia View Post
    That page only links the initial demo, not the most recent update with the three different stages. I've uploaded all four ROMs to here: http://ge.tt/8X51IC03

I believe the link should be good for the next 30 days. If anyone has issues with it, I can try a different anonymous host.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    The project was stopped months ago, i don't know if he will continue...
    Isn't it because Tiago is working on a "Odallus the Dark Call" conversion for Genesis?

Link from Pyron Twitter
    https://twitter.com/GabrielPyron/sta...86741006684161

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Yohko16's Avatar

The project was stopped months ago, i don't know if he will continue...
    Aww

Are there reasons (preferably good) for that?

Default problem downloading

Quote Originally Posted by retronostalgia View Post
    That page only links the initial demo, not the most recent update with the three different stages. I've uploaded all four ROMs to here: http://ge.tt/8X51IC03

I believe the link should be good for the next 30 days. If anyone has issues with it, I can try a different anonymous host.
    I can't get ROM1 or ROM2 to download. I was able to get the other 2.

Now I wonder if the SEGA CD 32X could run X4-X6?
    I demand a Blaze spinoff!

Me blog

Hope Exists

Great news guys: TiagoSC still works in the Mega Man X MD port!!!

This is the preview of Spark Mandrill stage with full implement of the sub-boss that really looks impressive!

In this Demo we can see that TiagoSC now works with his own Sound Driver instead of XGM driver. He remade the music and all the FM STEREO SFX by itself. Check it out:
    Last edited by LinkueiBR; 04-17-2020 at 12:59 PM.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

Sounds good. Hopefully if it gets finished he'll make an additional version with Savaged Regime's soundtrack.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Sounds good. Hopefully if it gets finished he'll make an additional version with Savaged Regime's soundtrack.
    He wants to release the game keeping the max of the original ROM size. Thats why he will not work with the XGM sound driver for this.
    XGM Sound Driver can't do FM SFX, only MONO PCM SFXs, thats why he made his own sound driver that can do all the Stereo SFX just like in the original, but now, in FM.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Death Bringer ESWAT Veteran Black_Tiger's Avatar

He wants to release the game keeping the max of the original ROM size. Thats why he will not work with the XGM sound driver for this.
    XGM Sound Driver can't do FM SFX, only MONO PCM SFXs, thats why he made his own sound driver that can do all the Stereo SFX just like in the original, but now, in FM.
    I understand, which is why I'm hoping that since he can achieve this, it won't take anything away from that accomplishment to release another version.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Stifu's Avatar

I already commented on that video on YouTube, but I think using dithering on that boss bubble is a bad idea. There are more drawbacks than advantages in using dithering here.
    Also, in stage, I believe he should use different shades of brown for the pillars, so that the front pillars don't look so similar to back pillars. Like, make the front ones darker and the back ones brighter, or vice versa. This implies using fewer colors for each, but I think it'd look better.
    Last edited by Stifu; 04-17-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Maybe he could work with SavagedRegime to redo the tracks to work better in his new driver? It doesn't necessarily sound bad as is, but it's missing a bit of the punch that the older versions had.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert retronostalgia's Avatar

Stoked to see new progress on this! If he had to re-write the whole sound driver, I'm not at all surprised that things have gotten delayed. Sounds like he's committed to doing it right.

How come TiagoSC wants to keep the original ROM size?
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Couldn't the light from the birds created using the shadow/highlight mode instead of just yellow and changing the stage palette 3 times? Would be closer to the original.

Some day, there will be a thread about a homebrew effort here that doesn't have everybody screaming to involve Savaged Regime. I'm surprised you aren't all already screaming to get him to also redo the tracks of every game from back in the day too >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    I already commented on that video on YouTube, but I think using dithering on that boss bubble is a bad idea. There are more drawbacks than advantages in using dithering here.
    And what else do you suggest, because I can't think of any better way to do what that's trying to achieve. The Mega Drive's VDP is weaker than the SNES' S-PPU regardless of how we look at it (aside from sprite management but that's a topic for another day).

The only thing that maybe could work to improve it (and I haven't checked since I'm on a potato of a connection so watching at 30 FPS) is alternating between two checkerboard patterns (the shape of the bubble being symmetric really helps here), though not sure how much free VDP bandwidth is available to rewrite the tilemap (note that the bubble is one of the scroll planes, it isn't made out of sprites or the stretching effect wouldn't work). Though maybe hscroll trickery could work to the same effect (see: the opening in Sonic 3D).

Quote Originally Posted by maxi View Post
    Couldn't the light from the birds created using the shadow/highlight mode instead of just yellow and changing the stage palette 3 times? Would be closer to the original.
    Eh, not sure if it'd look better or not if you ask me. Though I think smoother fades would be feasible at least (even if that requires changing individual RGB components instead of all at once).

Thread Information