Quantcast

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Super Star Wars Unreleased SEGA Genesis/SEGA CD Port

Quote Originally Posted by turboxray View Post
    And we know for a fact this guy is credible and not trolling?
    His name is really in the credits of Star Wars Arcade for the 32x and he is a well know game developer back in the day.

Now i really want to discover what is those 2 other Star Wars cancelled games...
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

It's doubtful they got very far, since even this port of Super Star Wars was not well along. It IS interesting that there were other games developed for the SVP chip though.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    Now i really want to discover what is those 2 other Star Wars cancelled games...
    Super Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi? Is that too obvious?

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

To make it clear, it looked like the purpose of the SVP was to recreate the mode 7 effects… so there you go about how they were gonna work around those.

Also when I asked how fast it went the answer was that they kept getting different SVP revisions. Considering what was discussed in other threads about the manufacturing woes regarding the SVP, uuuuh, I think we can take a solid guess about what was going on with that (・~・)

Also I see that people still keep judging the released prototype as if it was the final game instead of an early version that was probably an initial attempt to get the engine bootstrapped before working on the proper assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    To make it clear, it looked like the purpose of the SVP was to recreate the mode 7 effects… so there you go about how they were gonna work around those.

Also when I asked how fast it went the answer was that they kept getting different SVP revisions. Considering what was discussed in other threads about the manufacturing woes regarding the SVP, uuuuh, I think we can take a solid guess about what was going on with that (・~・)

Also I see that people still keep judging the released prototype as if it was the final game instead of an early version that was probably an initial attempt to get the engine bootstrapped before working on the proper assets.
    Exactly, from what he said, the SVP was for the Mode 7 Levels of Super Star Wars and not for another Star Wars game.

The Prototype of Super Star Wars that was leaked is from Jannuary of 93 and, from what i read in the old magazines, theres news about the dev of this game till late of 93...

All the still images and cutscene of STAR WARS Arcade and the whole music from the 32x game was all rendered by the Genesis so maybe they worked in STAR WARS Arcade for the SVP before too...

I recomend Sega16 staff try to make an interview with this guy to get more interesting informations.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Thread Information