Quantcast

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Captain America & the Avengers

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Kollision View Post
    we're not getting anywhere, bud, so I hereby express for the last time in this thread the sheer jawsomeness of MD X-Men and the shitty nature of AC Konami X-Men
    Well, this is coming from the same guy who's mounting a one-man war in defense of Heavy Nova. So, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Obviously View Post
    Konami's arcade X-Men is a blast. I don't know what kind of drugs people here are doing but one of the side effects must be an inability to experience fun.
    Konami's arcade X-Men is terrific.
    Last edited by Cornelius Spunkwater; 01-30-2014 at 09:50 PM.

Not sure why folks are so awed by Konami's X-Men game which outside of the X-Men premise and 6 player co-op is a very dated brawler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    Not sure why folks are so awed by Konami's X-Men game which outside of the X-Men premise and 6 player co-op is a very dated brawler.
    I'm not awed by it. It's just a fun game.

I didn't realize a retro gaming forum was a bad place to enjoy dated games. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Obviously View Post
    I'm not awed by it. It's just a fun game.

I didn't realize a retro gaming forum was a bad place to enjoy dated games. :P
    I can sit and play SoRII and still have a blast with it. The limited move set in X-Men really hinders it as I find it hard to get anywhere in that game alone. Whereas other games such as AVP and other beat em ups don't have that issue.
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

I'm not calling it a masterpiece by any means or my favorite beat'em up but I'll take it any day over the game in question, which is Captain America & The Avengers.

I also hate playing any beat'em up by myself though.

At least I can say that all of the Avengers movies are better than those terrible terrible X-Men movies. One decent one out of the first trilogy X2, 1 and 3 and are terrible. A terrible Wolverine Origins, The Wolverine was better still has awful Hugh Jackman as the nerfed Wolverine. First Class was refreshing cause no Jackman to hog all of the airtime. DOFP had potential but ended up being average at best. I swear i'd get more enjoyment out of Captain America and the Avengers rather than some of these X-Men movies. Can't wait to see Age of Ultron.

The review is spot-on and fairly humorous. Too bad the first paragraph falls in the "hilarious in hindsight" category after actually watching Chris Evans' Captain and all the Avengers movies...

I rented this cart as a kid, and as an adult, I'm glad to see my opinion remains the same after playing a couple of games 20 years later. This game is a charming piece of crap, and a truckload of fun for fans of classic Marvel superhero fare (the new 'edgy' look fits perfectly to the MCU, but not to the comics: we need more spandex and gaudiness). I kinda like Data East and their "B-game" products, and even the worst games from them manage to catch my attention. In this case, the awful voices and Engrish dialogs and the colorful - but quite bad - backgrounds create a cheapo comic atmosphere that creates some gameplay value for the "so-bad-it's-good" game fans. After 2 or 3 games, it'll just lose the charm. Same goes for the coin-op: I played it some times on MAME.
    Last edited by bigladiesman; 09-25-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

I found this game recently in very good condition complete with instructions and quickly added it to my collection for a fair price (the list of Mega Drive/Mega CD games I own can be found about halfway down page 58 of the 'Post Your Game List!' thread if anyone's interested).

I had never played this before but have always been curious about it as I love scrolling beat-'em-ups and this one at least has a decent license attached to it. My first impressions are rather mixed. On the one hand I'm enjoying the colourful characters and levels and laughing my arse off at the hilariously camp voice acting, but still appreciating the fact that the game contains so many voice samples no-matter how strangled they sound, and on the other hand I find myself struggling with the controls and the amount of damage you take off enemies without being able to do much about it. Now admittedly this is my first time playing the game (I chose Iron Man cos he's pretty cool) and I appreciate the fact that it will take a few sessions to get to grips with it, but I can see my biggest problem being with the unresponsive controls.

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    you could say this about simpsons & TMNT to varying degrees to, but yeah....it's dated, but a local arcade out here has the proper setup, and 6-player classic X-men lineup makes for a fun beat-em-up, ive brought friends & beaten it a few times now.

mind you, i barely played it on XBLA.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

The thing I love most about the X-Men, TMNT, and Simpsons games (and to an extent CAatA) is how perfectly they capture the feel of the source material. Gameplay does feel a bit restricted compared to some beat 'em ups.

Thread Information