Quantcast

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain America & the Avengers

Chenjesu of the Alliance Outrunner megabomberman's Avatar

True, if it was all crap then it wouldn't have divided opinion so much, I'm just after picking up a copy very recently and I'm a major fan of the seriously old feel to this game, they stopped making games that felt like this in the 90s, pure gold.

I missed this thread.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

hahah, that is just crazy, cause i freaking LOVE the avengers game. I play it a lot. I really like the arcade as well, i think the genesis version does it pretty well. I have played both pretty extensively and get a lot of fun out of the home version. On the other hand, i think that the SNES version was actually the crappy one. vision was MAD broken in that game. I think that as far as silly beat'em ups go, avengers does good job as a port of a decent arcade game.

Wildside Expert

To me it was just a mediocre but not horrible beat-'em-all that I kinda liked at the time just cause it was another beat-'em-all. A 6 would sound fair. I liked The Punisher better though, as far as 16-bit era Marvel-licensed games go. I mean, the guns were pretty cool. Captain America has all the classic lines, though.

I just picked up a complete copy of this game for $7.99 from a used game store today. I knew that I shouldn't expect much from it and it wasn't all that great at all just a fun blast of nostalgia and memories of actual arcade game. The controls suck and the graphics would work on the Sega Master System but it's fun for at least a little while but it does get old fast. I also don't like the fact that when you fire your weapons you can't move until your weapon is done. That coupled with poor collision detection really makes for an unfair and hard game.

I give it a 5/10 for a mediocre though semi enjoyable experience.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

I love this game although I may be biased as I got it when it first came out.

Super Sexy Sega Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

I wish the running attack was actually a good animation. For example it would have been nice to have Captain America plow through enemies with his shield instead he does some lame ass animation I can't even explain "almost a pose" yet it kills enemies lol.

I still like the game, I just hate when there are easy improvements that can make a game a lot more enjoyable left out.

Default Captain America & the Avengers Sega Genesis cartridge

I like Captain America & the Avengers Sega Genesis cartridge. The game is not perfect; however, it plays well. I have owned this cartridge for years. Too bad that I do not have the case/instructions for it since I bought at Funcoland as cart only.

I swear Janus' reviews on this site are some of the most controversial...

I'm a beat-em-up Fan, I've heard this port isn't very good, but the original game is. Any point in checking it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Default Captain America & the Avengers Sega Genesis cartridge

I think that Captain America & the Avengers for Sega Genesis is worth trying.
    If you have a Sega Saturn and like Iron Man, Iron Man / X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal by Acclaim is a really good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I swear Janus' reviews on this site are some of the most controversial...

I'm a beat-em-up Fan, I've heard this port isn't very good, but the original game is. Any point in checking it out?
    The original game isn't that good at all. But the voices are so bad that they make it worth playing.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

The voice acting in this is classic, but yeah the gameplay is pretty awful. It's pretty disappointing as it's one of those games that I wanted to be awesome when it came out but there was no denying it was not.

Death Adder's minion Curious Sofa's Avatar

I can't believe anyone, anywhere, ever gave this anything less than a 5 out of 10. A two is just simply mind-numbingly idiotic. It's not just a matter of taste, either, though I admit to being a HUGE beat-em-up fan. It's not the best game ever or any such, but an easy 7 or 8 out of 10 as a brawler.

I get the impression from the review that he's one of those RPG or platform guys who compares everything to his favorite games, regardless of genre. *shrug* I mean, Skies of Arcadia is a TERRIBLE fighting / action game, but that doesn't mean it deserves a 2 out of 10...

WCPO Agent

I just beat this. I rate it a solid

Formerly segafan1989 Master of Shinobi 4Runner's Avatar

Eh, it's better than that. I give it a 6 just for the Chester Cheetah of it all. "America still needs your help!"

Thread Information