Quantcast

Thread: WTB: Gamecube Comonent Cable

Default WTB: Gamecube Comonent Cable

As the thread title says, I'm interested in getting my hands on a Gamecube Component Cable. I'm looking for a reasonable price, not the inflated $250+ you see on Ebay. If anyone is looking to sell, please feel free to respond either in this thread, or PM me.

Sorry to thread hijack a little here - but is it possible to modify an NTSC Gamecube to output RGB like the PAL Gamecubes? Surprised nobody has made an RGB board for it or something to save people, like the OP, trying to hunt down the dwindling supply of Gamecube component cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Qjimbo View Post
    Sorry to thread hijack a little here - but is it possible to modify an NTSC Gamecube to output RGB like the PAL Gamecubes? Surprised nobody has made an RGB board for it or something to save people, like the OP, trying to hunt down the dwindling supply of Gamecube component cables.
    On a quick search, it looks possible but overwhelming, at least for me: http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/ntsc-gamecube-rgb-cable/

The problem isn't so much the modding just the plug at the end where you put it into the cube has special components so yeah the price is up there because it's not easy to replicate plus the fact Nintendo only sold these cables online in Japan.

Fuck them for making such a stupid choice with that thing.

I just use a Wii to get component video out of my GC games. Buying GC component cables is more than the cost of buying a used Wii

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    I just use a Wii to get component video out of my GC games. Buying GC component cables is more than the cost of buying a used Wii
    While the Wii with component cables is most certainly easier and far cheaper to get your hands on, the video quality output of the Gamecube via component is apparently far sharper than that of the Wii:

http://retrorgb.com/gamecubevswii.html

Plus, the Gameboy Play on the Gamecube would look great in Component.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Atomik_Punk! View Post
    While the Wii with component cables is most certainly easier and far cheaper to get your hands on, the video quality output of the Gamecube via component is apparently far sharper than that of the Wii:

http://retrorgb.com/gamecubevswii.html

Plus, the Gameboy Play on the Gamecube would look great in Component.
    I knew someone would hit me with the GameBoy Player but didn't know the video was actually better on the GameCube vs BC on the Wii. Makes sense I suppose, Nintendo didn't take any measures to make the GameCube video better on the Wii like Sony did with BC on the PS2 & PS3, and Microsoft with the Xbox 360.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...cable-solution

A solution is available but someone needs to make them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Helder View Post
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...cable-solution

A solution is available but someone needs to make them though.
    Believe me, I'm following that thread; but as you said, no one's yet to produce them for sale. I wanted to get some Gamecube component action in for the holidays with my bro (got a mad hankering for Smash Bros Melee, Double Dash, etc.), so I'd consider buying an official cable right now for a reasonable price (somewhat naive, I know). If anyone here has a Gamecube Component Cable in perfect working condition and wants to make some quick cash for the Holidays, I am prepared to buy right now!

Thread Information