Quantcast

Thread: Super Baseball 2020

Neogeo Super Baseball 2020

Like baseball? Enjoy watching robots fight? Then have we got a game for you! Super Baseball 2020 lets cyborgs and robots take America's pastime to a whole new level. A brilliant port of the Neo Geo arcade classic, the Genesis version has all the sporty metal-mashing you could ever want. Play ball! Read our full review for more details.

Hero of Algol

Good stuff! One of the most faithful ports the Mega Drive got and it didn't have a review yet.
    When I clicked on it and saw Benjamin's name I knew it would be a pleasant read and it indeed was!

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Agreed, great review! And I loved the link to the robots playing soccer/football.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

The link to the Youtube video caught me by surprise. Totally unexpected but gave me quite a laugh!

To those of you who have played the game, what is the pitching like? Do you have good control of your pitches (i.e. fast ball, curve ball, slow ball etc.)?
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Good review with some fun little nods. A great addition to the database!

It's indeed one of the best Neo Geo to Mega Drive ports, just a bit dry in a few visual instances but other than that it's a fine & accurate package.

My favorite Genesis Baseball Game.

Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM2040 View Post
    My favorite Genesis Baseball Game.
    I don't trust you! YOU LIE, LIE, LIE! And when you are seemingly telling the truth ... guess what

... you lie some more!
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    To those of you who have played the game, what is the pitching like? Do you have good control of your pitches (i.e. fast ball, curve ball, slow ball etc.)?
    Yep, it's pretty standard pitching control from that era. Hold UP for a slow ball, DOWN for a fast ball, and push the sides to curve a pitch. It's fun aiming for the corner of the strike zone from way outside with a good curve ball. You can move your pitcher left or right on the mound as well to impact pitches before you throw the ball.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Yep, it's pretty standard pitching control from that era. Hold UP for a slow ball, DOWN for a fast ball, and push the sides to curve a pitch. It's fun aiming for the corner of the strike zone from way outside with a good curve ball. You can move your pitcher left or right on the mound as well to impact pitches before you throw the ball.
    Thanks for answering my question Benjamin. I was hoping that the controls would be similar to other baseball games that I am used to. Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    I don't trust you! YOU LIE, LIE, LIE! And when you are seemingly telling the truth ... guess what

... you lie some more!
    Well, I'm not a sports game lover in general, although with my lack of experience, this game seems to have great mechanics compared to others, at least they are to my liking. This one is novel in design compared to others, with teams like robot and hot chicks teams, also I automatically spooge over Neo Geo ports.

Hehe! I just received your rep PHANTOM2040! Gave me a good laugh!

And no, although I do like cheddar cheese I ain't no rat! Haha!

One of the best Neo Geo ports on the MD (if not the best?). It recieved the typical downgrades, but the playing core of the Neo Geo original is here. I spent quite a bit of hours on this one.
    My fav baseball game of all time without a doubt (if we can consider this a baseball game, of course ).

Thread Information