Quantcast

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Mode 7 demo for Genesis/MD

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gasega68k View Post
    Hi, I made a video and also a new version with the "scroll" working well (towards any direction), but still has some minor errors.

Download new version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/7i...dmode7_wsc.rar
    Incredible.

Could a game like Mario Kart run at full speed on this without turning into a slide show?

Could a game like Mario Kart run at full speed on this without turning into a slide show?
    Yes, the calculations for everything else does not compare to what is needed for the engine and render.

I've been optimizing a bit this demo, now runs between 27 to 28 fps (instead of 26-27), but there are several things that can be optimized, and I think that could exceed 30 fps.
    This engine is ideal for a game like Mario Kart, which is what I would like to try to do, perhaps one with characters from sonic, alextheman suggested the name "Sonic Drift 3D", I think that would be a good name.

A few days ago I never would have thought about making a game like Mario Kart, but when I started doing this, and saw that the engine has worked so well, I decided I should at least try to make a game. This is something I want to do slowly, right now I'm in the process of optimizing and correcting certain things, but I definitely want to try to do at least one game (or two, perhaps a "Md-Zero"?). Although in the coming days I will resume Wolf3D, I'll also be doing some of this "sonic drift 3d" I do not know how that will turn out but I think I should at least try.

Sega All Stars Racing Genesis, with Blaze, Sketch, Alis and all the characters who doesn't make the cut to the last game.

Wildside Expert

Yes, the calculations for everything else does not compare to what is needed for the engine and render.

I've been optimizing a bit this demo, now runs between 27 to 28 fps (instead of 26-27), but there are several things that can be optimized, and I think that could exceed 30 fps.
    This engine is ideal for a game like Mario Kart, which is what I would like to try to do, perhaps one with characters from sonic, alextheman suggested the name "Sonic Drift 3D", I think that would be a good name.

A few days ago I never would have thought about making a game like Mario Kart, but when I started doing this, and saw that the engine has worked so well, I decided I should at least try to make a game. This is something I want to do slowly, right now I'm in the process of optimizing and correcting certain things, but I definitely want to try to do at least one game (or two, perhaps a "Md-Zero"?). Although in the coming days I will resume Wolf3D, I'll also be doing some of this "sonic drift 3d" I do not know how that will turn out but I think I should at least try.
    Battle mode is a must!!! Split screen?! or maybe networked via controller port 2 between two consoles like zero tolerance? Just suggestions

Awesome job so far. Keep up the good work!! Very impressive.

Nameless One

Better framerate than bonus stages in Sonic CD, that's most impressive.

VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

rent a hero! Road Rasher maxxfarras's Avatar

Seriously, this is fantastic. Make me think that in your hands the megadrive is capable of everything. After of read about your projects, looks like 2015 will be a great year for the megadrive!
    hay que tomar el control del descontrol.

Banned by Administrators

Except Sonic doesn't need a car, have him running vs Mario in his cart and have Sonic make him eat dust. Sega does "mode 7"...

Shake well before use Master of Shinobi Robotwo's Avatar

Although in the coming days I will resume Wolf3D, I'll also be doing some of this "sonic drift 3d" I do not know how that will turn out but I think I should at least try.
    Neat that you'll be working on both Wolf3D and Drift3D ...
    But what about Space Ferret? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Robotwo View Post
    Neat that you'll be working on both Wolf3D and Drift3D ...
    But what about Space Ferret? D:
    If anyone is willing to do the graphics, history, music ... then I would be willing to make a Space Ferret (at starfox style).

Shit man, a Sonic clone of MarioKart would be an amazing achievement.

Road Rasher

If anyone is willing to do the graphics, history, music ... then I would be willing to make a Space Ferret (at starfox style).
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I dont have any skills needed to help on the project, though

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Mmm do we have anyone capable of doing the graphics tho? Is the plan to modify the game gear Sonic Drift graphics?

Invader Zim fan Wildside Expert alextheman's Avatar

How about this for a Space Ferret game's ship, the D-3 Fighter

NhQOEO0.png
    Last edited by alextheman; 01-02-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by An Idiot View Post
    A new white knight wanting to rescue the crappy Barone.

You're just here at the best time because he was in search for a new butt plug...

Thread Information