Quantcast

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Can Sega-16 Beat the Last of the Genesis, Sega CD, & 32X Libraries in 2018

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert RvR's Avatar

Thanks! Power Factory is another Make my Video type game, but the rom was harder to find and when I did find it it didn't work with my emulator.

Some thoughts about the games from me:

I played Battlecorps once which was not only quite easy but a lot of fun too but then I reached the last boss he killed me within seconds and I needed to start from the beginning. No sir.

Dune: I don't get this game. Many years ago I tried it a few times but ended always in being not able to delivered enough spice to the Emperor which ruined my save file. I have no clue how to play that one properly.

Lawnmower Man: I loved it once and could finish it blindly but I put much work in it. You need to find the souls of your friends in that game to gain a good ending which isn't very easy as you have only one chance for each. Today I would hardly see the 2nd level as practise is vital here.

Shadow of the Beast: For me the Genesis one is more playable but this here makes more sense as in the Genesis one you can skip certain riddles with pure brutalloty while here you have to solve every riddle.

Who shot Johnny Rock is besides Crime Patrol the only game which my Sega CD doesn't play. They always freeze on the developers screen. I tried it with several copies. I have no clue why this happens.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 04-14-2020 at 02:41 AM.

Aparently NFL 98 is a roster update of NFL Prime Time, which was one of the first 10 genesis games beaten. It would be pretty ironic if NFL 98 was one of the last 10 games beaten.
    Last edited by RvR; 04-18-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Ive been trying to train on Cliffhanger by abusing save states, but not even that can make the snowboarding levels beatable. Its basically the turbo tunnel from battletoads but you also have to regulate speed properly and instead of being 2 minutes long its 8-10 mins long.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Oof. But think of how heroic you'll feel when you finally pull it off!

Ha well Im glad you think I can. I am hesitantly starting to believe. A few more hours of savestate grinding and I can get about 2 minutes further. Its strange because its not like Battletoads where you can neatly line up the sequence in your brain and then memorize it, in Cliffhanger it just rushes at you like a blur and there is no time to think so you have to drill it into your muscle memory. Im confident I will be able to do most of the game but there is a second longer snowboard section which is quite daunting.

I contributed a couple of entries to this challenge many years ago in the 2010s; am amused to return in 2020 and STILL see The Punisher on this list.

What a rat bastard of a game, gave it a crack myself way back when and no dice.

Heh, it has stuck around, hasn't it?

The good news with The Punisher is that I think there's no reason to require Expert difficulty, just Hard. At the time we first investigated this, I don't think we had the YouTube playthroughs that are now available, and those make it clear that Hard is enough for our purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Heh, it has stuck around, hasn't it?

The good news with The Punisher is that I think there's no reason to require Expert difficulty, just Hard. At the time we first investigated this, I don't think we had the YouTube playthroughs that are now available, and those make it clear that Hard is enough for our purposes.
    I dig that. The game mechanics and control are inherently broken compared to the coin-op; Sculptured Software dropped the ball and made it more difficult to play through then it really should be.

Also amused that you still have the same avatar, heh. "Sorry Nothing" became a running joke between an old co-worker and me since the last time I contributed an entry.

Finally onto the second snowboarding section. The good news is the avalanche is slower in this one, at least so far. If its like that through the whole section then its basically just an annoyingly long memory test and Ill beat it eventually.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RvR again."

Cheers bro, I got the same message for you

Through the second snowboarding level. Its longer but easier than the first one, or at least it is if you are studying the youtube video to see the patterns. I don't think the final level will be anywhere near as easy as the other sidescroller levels because its basically an endurance round with lots of stuff chipping away your health at a point in the game where you will probably have 1 or 2 lives left. Still Im optimistic.

Alright I have now finished the game while using save states to give myself unlimited continues. On the last level you want to abuse the hell out of the jump kick. I actually think this is a pretty good game with unlimited continues. My next step is to beat it using the in-game 100 lives code, and from there I can bring the number of lives I lose down to around the default setting of 21 lives.

That is how you tame a Cliffhanger. Good luck!

Thread Information