Quantcast

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273
Results 1,081 to 1,092 of 1092

Thread: Can Sega-16 Beat the Last of the Genesis, Sega CD, & 32X Libraries in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    If you'd be willing to do it again, that'd be great. I went through my own world of licensed Arnold pain when I beat Last Action Hero, so I'm well-placed to appreciate your courage.
    Well, I gave it some thought and have been playing T2 Judgment Day a bit - and had a good time. I can't promise I can beat the game again (as the driving levels are the flip of a coin, basically) but I will try I'll check back here when I know more.

Road Rasher

the victory was indeed in 2012 and, tragically, happened only 6 weeks before we started this project.
    OMG, I just realized that 2022 is the tenth year of this project!
    How many decades will this take?

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seingalt View Post
    OMG, I just realized that 2022 is the tenth year of this project!
    How many decades will this take?
    I've been thinking about that too! Of course it'd be wonderful to get it wrapped up inside a decade, and I still think all the lists except Sega CD could be achieved this year with enough will.

I personally can't guarantee much as I now have a family, and many obligations I didn't have 10 years ago. So it goes. Still, I really want to add several contributions to this list in 2022 if I can -- but I'm hopeful that a bunch of people will help out too.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to add Terminator 2 Judgment Day soon I made it through Cyberdyne twice already and think I can do so consistently. They really made the level impossible unless you have a route in mind and stick to it. Even then I can only make it on auxiliary power, which is an additional 50% health you get after losing the initial 100%. Hope I won't need that for the last level, instead. Driving levels are no longer a problem, I figured out the routes. Only thing left is practice the steel mill (last level) and figure out the fastest route to get through.

Edit: I used auxiliary power in the Cyberdyne level, but I also got to use it in the last level. Looks like you basically have 150% health for each level

Edit 2: Made it through Cyberdyne with 9% health left from the initial 100%, no auxiliary health needed. I think I can try beating it from the start now.
    Last edited by GelmiR; 05-09-2022 at 10:09 AM.

Terminator 2 Judgment Day done Sorry for the crappy quality photos. The upload system is a little confusing to me, I hope this is the way you meant it. I'll write a little something to go with them either this evening or tomorrow!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Road Rasher

Congrats to GelmiR for beating T2.

I've been thinking about that too! Of course it'd be wonderful to get it wrapped up inside a decade, and I still think all the lists except Sega CD could be achieved this year with enough will.

I personally can't guarantee much as I now have a family, and many obligations I didn't have 10 years ago. So it goes. Still, I really want to add several contributions to this list in 2022 if I can -- but I'm hopeful that a bunch of people will help out too.
    Looking thru my shelves, I count 9 Mega Drive games that are still unbeaten for this thread (4 PAL exclusives and 5 games from the main list).
    I'll try to tackle them, hoping that we get the ball rolling again with this thread. However I'll keep at it only if other people (re)join the effort, too.

I started with International Rugby today and made it to the World Cup Final which I lost.

Awesome, GelmiR! You did everything perfectly (in terms of image attachments). We're down to the last 20!!

Awesome, GelmiR! You did everything perfectly (in terms of image attachments). We're down to the last 20!!
    Great! Also, I was able to repeat it with better time and efficiency This little something is probably way more than you were looking for :P

First played T2 Judgment Day in around 1994 at my then best friend's. We already played T2 Arcade, and we weren't aware there was another game. I don't think we even noticed (or we didn't care) how incredibly bland is in most categories I can think of now. It was a Terminator 2 platformer and we loved it.
    I remember my friend got stuck on the second level because he didn't think of shooting a ladder down :P Can't say for sure how far we ever got back then, probably not beyond Enrique's Compound (level 5 of 8). The driving levels became impossible once moving from the motorcycle to the police car and van.

I remember finally beating the game in 2011 or 2012, but honestly I can't remember how I pulled it off. I didn't use emulation on Wii until 2014, and using Game Genie codes on hardware would frequently (if not always) send/crash the game into its built in debugging monitor. So I don't think there was an easy way to train and memorize routes. But I know for sure I beat it then and was able to repeat it.

In any case, goldenband had the nerve to ask me to try again :P As I play using Genesis Plus GX on Wii now (with save feature and working Game Genie codes), I got through my practice and learning all the needed routes a lot faster. Thanks goldenband, I had a good time replaying it

I recognize the game comes off as very bland, but I still have a crazy amount of nostalgia for level 2 (John's house) and especially level 3 (the mall). In those levels you can pretty much avoid encountering or getting attacked by enemies and freely explore. In the mall, the police doesn't attack you. There was something really special to me in being able to explore and gather items without being bombarded with attacks. The other thing I really like about the game is its incredible attention to detail. Only yesterday I learned that even the future objects you have to gather are sort of explained in the manual. Wish they had incorporated that in the game somehow.

Anyway, as mediocre as it may seem, I'm happy to have played the game back in the day and I still enjoy it

Road Rasher

Won the International Rugby World Cup today!

EA's Rubgy World Cup 95 is a much more realistic Rugby Union simulation than this game. International Rugby's graphics are also much worse.

^Brilliant, Seingalt! So satisfying to see another PAL game fall. Each one brings us dramatically closer to achieving one of our goals.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert RvR's Avatar

Great win Seingalt! Only 5 PAL games left standing.

And surprisingly one of them is a platformer with great graphics. Maybe just because its name makes it sound like some weird simulation game.
    Last edited by RvR; 07-05-2022 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seingalt View Post
    Won the International Rugby World Cup today!
    Congrats

Thread Information