Quantcast

Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Sega-16 Beat the Last of the Genesis, Sega CD, & 32X Libraries in 2021?

Road Rasher

Since Dalton is the best Bond, I'll knock that one out. I messed around with the game a little when I originally got it, but this is actually the first day I've seriously tried to play it. Surprised it's still on there, because it's really short and not all that difficult after a bit of memorization. You only get one continue, but you honestly don't need more than that. I beat it on normal and would've had a no death run if I hadn't gotten impatient on the 4th level and got knocked off a high platform. Didn't even get hit until the 3rd level.

Not much to say about the game itself. Looks ok and has Furniss music. Otherwise it mostly just wastes the potential of the license. Since there's no story at all, there's no real ending...just a picture as a reminder that you supposedly beat a Bond game.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Hey, excellent! Welcome aboard, and thanks very much for completing that. I've also been surprised that 007 has hung around this long, but I guess it's been a matter of finding someone who either knows the game or is willing to learn/memorize it.

Video Game Modder Outrunner segasonicfan's Avatar

Since Dalton is the best Bond
    You got that right.
    You know what time it is now:
    My Website:
    SEGASONICFAN DESIGNS

Sorry, I don't respond to PM's for repair advice. Please consider posting on the forums - your question might be somebody else's answer!
    I offer free repair advice through public forums as a service to the community and as a repository of information.
    If you cannot post here, I recommend these places that don't have posting restrictions:
    https://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php
    https://www.smspower.org/forums/
    https://www.obscuregamers.com/forums/

Road Rasher

Today I started with "NFL Sports Talk Football 93 Starring Joe Montana" and won the first game. It's not possible to go directly to the playoffs, you've to play a full 16 game regular season first. I'm playing at the highest difficulty setting with the Kanses City Chiefs.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Skullkid's Avatar

Good luck Seingalt!

Quote Originally Posted by Seingalt View Post
    I started this game on May 25; exactly 6 months ago (although it felt much longer); I can't tell you how glad I'm that I'm finally done with it.
    Congrats for finally beating Populous, Seingalt. This is one hell of an achievement.

Of course, it's great to see that you guys kept the ball rolling here. I would really like to pick a game to play, especially on the PAL list, as it is very close to completion, but I'm really backed up right now.
    Last edited by Bottino; 12-18-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Bottino View Post
    Congrats for finally beating Populous, Seingalt. This is one hell of an achievement.
    Thanks Bottino!

Quote Originally Posted by Bottino View Post
    Of course, it's great to see that you guys kept the ball rolling here. I would really like to pick a game to play, especially on the PAL list, as it is very close to completion, but I'm really backed up right now.
    It would be very cool to finish the PAL list in 2018; I hope that you soon find the time to pick up a controller again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    Good luck Seingalt!
    Thx, so far I had a good regular season start, winning the first 4 games. I hope to beat this game before Super Bowl LII.

Road Rasher

I played quite a lot Sports Talk Football recently (usually 2 games per day). Yesterday I finished the regular season with a 14-2 record and reached the divisional playoffs. Only three games left. I haven't made up my mind yet whether I'll wait for the 2018 NFL playoffs to start before proceeding or I'll try to beat the game before the year ends.

Attached Images Attached Images

Games back in Football? oh boy... Hey Go Bills!

Is Kings' Bounty really not done or has the first post just not been updated in a while? I wish I'd noticed it was missing sooner because to be honest I can finish that game with my eyes closed.

Anyway, if King's Bounty is needed, here's a shot of the start and ending screens (yes I did finish the game on the 'impossible' setting):

King's Bounty is actually pretty easy if you know the trick to it. Simply collect as many 'Instant Army' and 'Raise Control' spells as possible, then go to Arech Dragonbreath's castle and cast all the spells before you 'lay siege' on the castle. It also helps to have as many dragons as you can afford before you get to Arech's. Once Arech is out of the way, it should be easy to find the missing scepter from the map. I can provide a better explanation of the game if anyone wants me to. I seriously doubt that there's anyone in the world right now that's spent as many hours on King's Bounty as I have (hence my username).
    Last edited by Mad Moham; 12-28-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Is Kings' Bounty really not done or has the first post just not been updated in a while? I wish I'd noticed it was missing sooner because to be honest I can finish that game with my eyes closed.
    It's not done -- or rather, it wasn't -- because I've been dragging my ass on it fooooreeeeveeeer, which is strange since I really enjoyed my playthrough on Easy.

(Not sure why I've had a mental block on getting back to it, except maybe that games with time limits stress me out.)

In any event, thank you very much for taking care of it, let alone on Impossible difficulty -- much appreciated!

I once finished Kings Bounty without fighting at all. Just collect every map-revealing items laying around and you can guess the hiding place of the scepter.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    Games back in Football? oh boy... Hey Go Bills!
    I've bad news for your Bills. A tough and close game, though. I hope you have more luck on New Year's Eve.

I beat "NFL Sports Talk Football 93 Starring Joe Montana" today (playing the whole season on the "difficult" setting). I can't believe that this is the first game that I contribute to the US-Genesis list this year!
    Even though there are some bugs in the game, I think overall the game is not bad. I like how the passing is handled. As opposed to the old Madden games you can't just always pass to the receiver with the best stats or the receiver who runs the best route; instead you have to see what the defense is doing and then make a quick decision, otherwise you'll throw lots of interceptions. It's also nice that you can switch the perspective (I prefer vertical for running plays and defense, but for long passes the horizontal view which gives you a much better overview is mandatory).

Attached Images Attached Images

^Fantastic, Seingalt! Always great to see another sports game go down, especially football.

I've been inspired to start working on Man Overboard again, though it's going slowly. Meanwhile I may try to knock out a different game so that I've contributed something to the Genesis list before the end of the year.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert RvR's Avatar

Great job Mohan and Seingalt!

Thread Information