Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ever go for a complete set?

Quote Originally Posted by Lync View Post
    I'll be the Debbie Downer here and say that I would never own a game, let alone a couple hundred, that I didn't enjoy playing.
    He's contemplating spending a bit over $1,000 (104 games at $10 each) just to be able to say, "I did it. I caught them all, Professor Bernie." I wouldn't insult someone from doing such, but I also wouldn't bother acquiring crap just for the sake of having it.

When I first got back into classic games, I had the crazy notion I'd get a Sega CD set. In retrospect it was a terrible idea and I'm glad I quickly dropped that ambition. I just can't justify full sets. When there are so many games I actually want, I can't spend any significant amount of money on a bunch that I could care less about. In the end I'm just not impressed by full sets. There's too much crap in most of them.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

All great points, I may eventually getting all of the games sooner or later if/when I am not looking haha.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Like others, I agree that quality over quantity will always be more satisfying. I do seem to be obsessed with buying more hardware with the idea of only playing about 5, or 6 amazing games.

The idea of a complete library seems neat until you realize how many crappy games, and just pure shovelware, will be included. Crap that you'll NEVER play.

Just thinking about all the precious space such games would take up alone, makes it not worth it.

Thread Information