Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally going to start Pier Solar this year

Default Finally going to start Pier Solar this year

I've owned the game along with the rest of the SFT rpgs for over a year now . I am going to start with the masterpiece first. It looks absolutely gorgeous in HDMI . I love seeing all the little spirte graphics on the big screen , the detail is amazing in the game.

My new LG 42" LED makes the graphics so incredible (along with graphic enhancements)

Now the only game i need to get to run correctly is Beggar Prince.

Wukong and Blu Almanac play great
    This image is too large and exceeds forum specifications. Please reduce it if you want to continue to use it.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

I'm kind of glad to know that someone else hasn't played their copy of Pier Solar yet. I bought the original release and still haven't given it a go.

Not sure why -- I guess I just wanted to do the three SFT RPGs first (which I've completed), and since then most of my Genesis gaming has been taken up by the beat-'em-all project.

I played about 2 hours of mine. I'm not really into these old-style RPGs, and mostly bought PoloSolo to show my support for MD homebrew. It is a fine game, and I'm glad I got it, but I don't think I'll probably finish it. I will play it more, though.

Raging in the Streets

Just remembered I have this on Steam, not big on JRPGs but I may as well take a look.

Still waiting for my preorder to come through. I've never been into RPGs either but sounded like this one was worth having. I do prefer Zelda style RPGs where there is more direct interaction with the environment, but meh, sometimes games take a bit of effort to get enjoyment out of.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I played about 2 hours of mine. I'm not really into these old-style RPGs, and mostly bought PoloSolo to show my support for MD homebrew.
    Aah yes! PoloSolo.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Outrunner

*high five for PoloSolo*
    It may no longer be the `90s, but there is still time for Klax.

Nameless One

I heard that this game uses some specific and unusual tricks and may not even run on modern clones.
    What are these tricks?

runs flawless on MESS. i try not to tarnish my original copy or even take it out of the box. I love to read the booklets and extras in the bathroom though
    This image is too large and exceeds forum specifications. Please reduce it if you want to continue to use it.

The Best Genesis Master of Shinobi GohanX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    I heard that this game uses some specific and unusual tricks and may not even run on modern clones.
    What are these tricks?
    The trick is to play them on a real Genesis. If you pay $40+ bucks for a real Genesis cartridge and won't even pay $40 for a real system I'm going to laugh at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Recently I sold the majority of my 32X games for a measly 18 bucks. With it, I bought some tacos. Definitely a more pleasing choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    What are these tricks?
    The "trick" is merely a custom mapper. The MD only ever had one mapper and only one game used that mapper, so clones and emulators and flash carts won't handle this custom mapper. Well, sorta true - one emulator has been altered to run PS, but I'm not going to talk about that.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    Aah yes! PoloSolo.
    Speaking of PoloSolo, did you know that the infamous poloSolo New Zealander has transformed himself into a bodybuilder?
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    Speaking of PoloSolo, did you know that the infamous poloSolo New Zealander has transformed himself into a bodybuilder?
    No way!

BTW, for some reason he's subbed to my YT channel even though I never put out any vids. hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Sweat

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    No way!

BTW, for some reason he's subbed to my YT channel even though I never put out any vids. hehe
    Haha! I did a quick search and found his channel! Here's his return video featuring his transformation. Without further ado, the return of Polo Solo! ROFL!

Jokes aside, I have to give him credit. He managed to lose alot of weight and bulked up! He just needs to stop behaving goofy!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

I don't think anyone will forget "Polo Solo". I'm surprised it didn't become a meme.

Thread Information