Quantcast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Toejam and Earl game announced on Facebook :D

This is really great news to hear for me. I just hope they do away with the ghetto, hip-hop, ebonics and coarse humor that was in Mission to Earth as that really took from the game for me. It needs to be the same humor as the Genesis games.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    This is really great news to hear for me. I just hope they do away with the ghetto, hip-hop, ebonics and coarse humor that was in Mission to Earth as that really took from the game for me. It needs to be the same humor as the Genesis games.
    Oh man! After I read your comment, the stupid ... nay obnoxious voice work from the 3D game popped into my head ...
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

The Genesis games had just the right amount of voice acting -- a short clip every now and then for a sound effect, with most character speech coming in the form of text above the character's head. It works really well, but modern games think they have to voice act everything.

Outrunner

I like Toejam and Earl III, but those cutscenes were painfully cheesy, yes.
    It may no longer be the `90s, but there is still time for Klax.

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

Color me interested. I admit that I still have yet to play the original Toejam and Earl SEGA games. Still have a lot of catching up to do!

Quote Originally Posted by fruitsofherwomb View Post
    I think a lot of people in this forum are just annoying to be annoying. Facebook game? WTF, even in one of the comments it said he is looking into what consoles to bring it to.

But hey, just assume its a shitty game before its properly announced.
    Gee, that's not very nice at all! Maybe it's time to put "treat others as you would want to be treated" into practice, hmm? SEGA-16 has many members from all around the world. You've been extremely disrespectful to people here, so that doesn't promote your website very well. Maybe you should reflect on your recent posts and ask yourself why you find it necessary to be so derogatory. If all you're going to do on SEGA-16 is flame and be contrary to everyone else, then why are you here? The commentary on this thread doesn't bother me one bit. If you've got an issue, here's a tissue!

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

Raging in the Streets

I hope he takes inspiration from modern hip-hop culture and not just the early 90s stuff of the first two games.

#BEENTRILL# presents Toejam & Earl. Would be golden :')

Backed, glad the game is not in the claws of Sega: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search

Outrunner

Awesome, this needs to happen so much. I've not backed anything on KS for a long time but I'm going in for this one for sure.
    It may no longer be the `90s, but there is still time for Klax.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

I was hyped for this but now I'm very dubious of it after this very short conversation:

What are you doing with the $400,000, we need a break down? As far as I know you might need so much because you're taking a 12 month holiday to hawaii between making each level.

Humanature Studios Feb 25, 2015 Hi Matt. I hear your concern. I'm not sure what to say that would sufficiently reassure you though. I'm not sure a little pie chart would do it. We're a small team and I've been making games for a very long time. I work nights and weekends, and sadly don't see any Hawaiian beaches in my near future. I totally understand you not wanting to risk your money though. Your call.

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

mannnn i want those figures, and the ship too! damn that's a lot though

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    mannnn i want those figures, and the ship too! damn that's a lot though
    They are cool though!

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

man, they totally are - and since there's so little great sega gashapon/merch in general i'd be all over them if i could.

Extreme Procrastinator Master of Shinobi Flygon's Avatar

I'm interested, but the 2D/3D art style they got going on looks a big fugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon View Post
    I'm interested, but the 2D/3D art style they got going on looks a big fugly.
    Yeah, I don't really like it either. I wish they had just gone with 3D graphics on an overhead perspective or made it entirely 2D. This is some weird hybrid that looks like a pop-up book.

I can understand doing that with Paper Mario, because there are so many Mario games that changing up the look now and then is nice, but that's not the case here.

A recent update they posted on facebook showed a lot of progress in the art department. The palette is brighter, the dark space is there, and the 2D graphics look less strange on the 3D world. It seems like responses to comments and feedback are being met with concept testing, which is a good thing.

Thread Information