Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: WTB: Sega CD Model 1 Disc Drive

  1. #1

    Default WTB: Sega CD Model 1 Disc Drive

    Hey all!,

    I would like to purchase a disc drive for a Sega CD Model 1. I wish to purchase the whole drive including the laser.

  2. #2
    RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,300
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Ok, first post you ever made on SEGA-16 and you want to cannibalize a SEGA CD Model 1... Nice first impression. Why don't you actually contribute to the community instead of being a vulture? Go ask phoenix about his SEGA CD's, maybe he'll help you out. You guys would be a perfect fit for each other!

    Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

  3. #3
    Raging in the Streets EclecticGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Northern VA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,656
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuturePrimitive View Post
    Ok, first post you ever made on SEGA-16 and you want to cannibalize a SEGA CD Model 1... Nice first impression. Why don't you actually contribute to the community instead of being a vulture? Go ask phoenix about his SEGA CD's, maybe he'll help you out. You guys would be a perfect fit for each other!
    Err... what?
    I agree he should contribute and converse. But there's nothing wrong with someone wanting to fix their model 1.

    How about pointing him to the Sega CD repair thread just in case he could revive it from the dead without needing to replace the drive?
    (thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...-repair-thread)

  4. #4
    Outrunner JumpingRyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuturePrimitive View Post
    Ok, first post you ever made on SEGA-16 and you want to cannibalize a SEGA CD Model 1... Nice first impression. Why don't you actually contribute to the community instead of being a vulture? Go ask phoenix about his SEGA CD's, maybe he'll help you out. You guys would be a perfect fit for each other!

  5. #5
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Picture is in post 10 of this thread eh;I have 2 or 3 model 1 cd drives by themselves that work perfect and I even made a device that tests them even when they be outside the segacd; email rapmusicsucks@hotmail.com eh check thread http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...953#post691953 it be same thread as segagenesis1989 a few minutes ago edited *Hi Phoenix! I might be interested in one of your segacdmodels* comment to*removed not interested anymore*
    Last edited by phoenix; 01-27-2015 at 06:34 PM.

  6. #6
    Invader Zim fan Wildside Expert alextheman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Picture is in post 10 of this thread eh;I have 2 or 3 model 1 cd drives by themselves that work perfect and I even made a device that tests them even when they be outside the segacd; email rapmusicsucks@hotmail.com eh check thread http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...953#post691953 it be same thread as segagenesis1989 a few minutes ago edited *Hi Phoenix! I might be interested in one of your segacdmodels* comment to*removed not interested anymore*
    By the way, do you actually have these drives? And can we have photos with your name on a piece of paper?
    Quote Originally Posted by An Idiot View Post
    A new white knight wanting to rescue the crappy Barone.

    You're just here at the best time because he was in search for a new butt plug...

  7. #7
    Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    73

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Picture is in post 10 of this thread eh;I have 2 or 3 model 1 cd drives by themselves that work perfect and I even made a device that tests them even when they be outside the segacd; email rapmusicsucks@hotmail.com eh check thread http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...953#post691953 it be same thread as segagenesis1989 a few minutes ago edited *Hi Phoenix! I might be interested in one of your segacdmodels* comment to*removed not interested anymore*
    Yes I edited it. I don't want to give the impression to other members that you are a trustworthy individual. You've yet to establish your credibility.

    You may want to explain why you decided to edit all of your posts on January 23 2015 in the following thread after people questioned the authenticity of your claims of owning 100 SEGA CDs or fufiilling requests after people paid your for the said items:
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...shipping/page7

    Were you trying to cover your tracks? Why did you quietly edit your posts on January 23 2015 after the conversation ended on January 18th 2015? I'm going to enjoy hearing your sordid nay convoluted explanation.

    Yea ... I don't trust you one bit! Especially after you stated that you were NOT going to return to the forums. But here you are once again! All I can say is a liar is a liar is a liar! And the fact that you took the time to quietly edit all those posts in that thread makes one question the genuineness of your claims. To be quite honest, I was watching you edit all those posts and Ihad a feeling that you would reappear on the forums. I just didn't expect that it would be this soon!

    =-=

    Alextheman,
    Look at the above thread and see the funny business that surrounds this unsavoury character. Who knows ... "phoenix" may have a SEGA CD or two. But do you want to roll the dice and try your luck dealing with this person?

    A user named scottaro left a "visitor message" under his profile as a warning:
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/member.php?141993-phoenix

    On 11-28-2014 at 5:03 AM scottaro wrote: "is a con man. do not trust."

    =-=

    boom10ful, to be quite blunt "phoenix" has developed a "questionable" reputation. If you are looking for a SEGA CD disc drive, I would suggest that you look elsewhere. Do NOT deal with this individual!

    BUYER BEWARE!
    Last edited by SEGA.GENESIS1989; 01-27-2015 at 07:38 PM. Reason: updating with more info, spelling, and grammatical errors
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

  8. #8
    Nameless One
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    This is a joke right? He's posting in this thread now too?

  9. #9

    Default

    Thanks for the warning! As for the Sega CD drive that I have, it is practically toast. I bought it broken and it powers on and such, however it is missing the disc tray and I'm assuming the damage cause to the spindle motor also had something to do with that.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FuturePrimitive View Post
    Ok, first post you ever made on SEGA-16 and you want to cannibalize a SEGA CD Model 1... Nice first impression. Why don't you actually contribute to the community instead of being a vulture? Go ask phoenix about his SEGA CD's, maybe he'll help you out. You guys would be a perfect fit for each other!
    Nice way to welcome a new member lol! Go troll somewhere else.

  11. #11
    Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    73

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Mpavlic1018 View Post
    This is a joke right? He's posting in this thread now too?
    Baffling. I have no other explanation except to assume that he is a dummkopf.

    Peddling wares and services on a forum in which his credibility is shot. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!!!

    FIX YOUR CREDIBILITY FIRST DODO BRAIN!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

  12. #12
    Formerly segafan1989 Master of Shinobi 4Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,261
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    boom10ful, to be quite blunt "phoenix" has developed a "questionable" reputation. If you are looking for a SEGA CD disc drive, I would suggest that you look elsewhere. Do NOT deal with this individual!

    BUYER BEWARE!
    I'll be even more blunt, don't waste your time with this DIRTBAG!!!! You will get nothing but headache.

  13. #13
    Formerly segafan1989 Master of Shinobi 4Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,261
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boom10ful View Post
    Thanks for the warning! As for the Sega CD drive that I have, it is practically toast. I bought it broken and it powers on and such, however it is missing the disc tray and I'm assuming the damage cause to the spindle motor also had something to do with that.
    Welcome to the forum! There's a lot of good folks on here who are very helpful and knowledgeable.

    I don't have a spare Model 1 disc drive, but I do have a spare unit that works fine. It comes with a power adapter and non-SEGA mixing cable. If you're interested in it, PM me and I'll send you plenty of pictures.

  14. #14
    Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    73

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Runner View Post
    Welcome to the forum! There's a lot of good folks on here who are very helpful and knowledgeable.

    I don't have a spare Model 1 disc drive, but I do have a spare unit that works fine. It comes with a power adapter and non-SEGA mixing cable. If you're interested in it, PM me and I'll send you plenty of pictures.
    I had a feeling someone would offer him a SEGA CD. I didn't expect a response so quick! Good job! Reped!

    =-=

    boom10ful,
    Don't mind FuturePrimitive. He's actually a good chap. I think he was working on the presumption that you canabilizing a SEGA CD unnecessarily. Had he known the context of the damage, I think he would of been more accomodating. Anyways, welcome aboard the SEGA-16 choo choo train!!!
    Last edited by SEGA.GENESIS1989; 01-27-2015 at 08:15 PM.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

  15. #15
    Formerly segafan1989 Master of Shinobi 4Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,261
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    I had a feeling someone would offer him a SEGA CD. I didn't expect a response so quick! Good job! Reped!

    =-=

    boom10ful,
    Don't mind FuturePrimitive. He's actually a good chap. I think he was working on the presumption that you canabilizing a SEGA CD unnecessarily. Had he known the context of the damage, I think he would of been more accomodating. Anyways, welcome aboard the SEGA-16 choo choo train!!!
    Yeah, I have two of them actually, I use one and the one I offered to him has been stored. Many thanks for the rep buddy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •