Quantcast

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Margin - The Tales of Clouds and Winds (by Piko Interactive)

Hero of Algol

Default Water Margin - The Tales of Clouds and Winds (by Piko Interactive)

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Thumbs up

Huzzah!!! An official release! No need to seek out a bootleg with a thick board anymore! Great news!

It looks like he has also kept his promise and found a manufacturer who can produce superior clamshell cases. As announced on his web site:

Source: http://pikointeractive.com/blog/

We have been a bit silent for the past couple of months; but that does not mean we have been sleeping.We have been working a lot on new products, games, and accessories to bring to the store!We are glad to announce the newly manufactured Sega Genesis Cases. These cases are very similar to the quality of the ones found on many of Genesis games released in the 90s. The plastic material we used for the case is very durable but flexible at the same time. Some Homebrew developers have released some of these cases with a hard plastic that easily breaks with stress; but our new cases can be easily bent and would not easily break.

The film used to protect the case cover is lighter than the original Genesis cases ones, but still very durable if you are careful and not throw the cases around like a Frisbee! The cases are ready to order and available of the store. We will sell them in bundles of 10 cases, however if you need more we can adjust the pricing and shipping for you (meaning we will wholesale discount them).As you can see on the picture, you have a booklet holder tab and a cartridge holder tab on the other side. These things were are not available on the clear Universal Game Cases.

If you have any questions or inquiries, do not hesitate to email us!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Hero of Algol

I just wished they had polished the game a bit more.
    The visuals and the voices could be improved IMO.

But great news anyway.

Alright, no more FF6 music!

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post

But great news anyway.
    Who knows! He may just decide to do it. The thing that I like about this guy is that he at least has taken the time to interact with us and to get our feedback! Superior customer service is the backbone of a nascent company! I wonder if he'll decide to include a color manual.

=-=-=

JumpingRyle, good observation. I remember alot of the long standing members on SEGA-16 mentioning about the stolen assets found in this game. It will be imperative that he makes the necessary changes before the game is released!

Well, I'm a happy camper and am sure alot of people are too!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

This is the best Chinese bootleg game EVER!!! Unfortunately, have some bad colors choice.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Great news!

I also noticed the absense of the FFVI music. But the Street Fighter 2 flamed bodies are still there. I guess editing out all stolen stuff would leave the game too empty, though :P.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

This is great. I am looking forwarded to this.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post

But great news anyway.
    First port of call would be to fix stage 2's music volume bug.

I'm looking foward about all the small adjustments they did to this game. Let's see if I'll spend my money on this.

Pardon me for being a nitpicker (again), but I think the font on the translated text looks a bit too "futuristic", fitting more to a sci-fi themed game. A more suited font for this game would perhaps be Old English, or perhaps something that strikes a resemblance to kanji. With that said, I'd like to take all the feathers left from the chickens Link has killed and put them in the hat of Piko for doing this release . I've been longing for a re-release of this game for many years, probably since Beggar Prince was released and Brandon Cobb turned it down.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Wildside Expert

Looks nice, but the characters poses are ripped off from Capcoms Knights of the Round:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u-yjKHMJPw

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Water Margin, really? That's what this thing translates to? That's gotta be the worst name I've ever heard for a beat 'em up. It sounds like a bottled water investment simulator.

Anyway, it's awesome that this game is finally going to get a proper translation and release. A big kudos to the people doing this. I'd love to see them tweak things a little bit more, but even if they don't, it's still awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm View Post
    Looks nice, but the characters poses are ripped off from Capcoms Knights of the Round
    I take it you're new to this game.

Wildside Expert

I had seen this game like 10 years ago and had already noticed the similarities. But I've never really played it. I'm glad people are bringing it officially for those who look for new beatemups.

Quote Originally Posted by Assman View Post
    Water Margin, really? That's what this thing translates to? That's gotta be the worst name I've ever heard for a beat 'em up. It sounds like a bottled water investment simulator.
    It seems that the story is also known as "Outlaws of the Marsh": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Margin

That sounds a bit better. But I guess "Water Margin" is the most common English translation.

Thread Information