Quantcast

Thread: Fat Backwards compatible ps3 repair help

Default Fat Backwards compatible ps3 repair help

I don't know if this is the right section to post this. Alright guys I have a backwards compatible ps3 which I really adore, but it has quit working completely. I am interested in getting some help to repair it. I have had great success with the sega-16 community. I am fairly knowledgable about the ps3 guts, but I just want someone that is an expert. I think something is wrong with the mother board. The system was reinstalling firmware when the power was disconnected to it I couldn't get it to come back on after. I would gladly pay someone if they could fix it for me and even maybe do some mods to it. If anyone thinks they are up for the challenge or knows someone I should contact please let me know!

Even a PS3 with corrupted firmware should be able to try and turn on, if so you can use the console's safe mode to repair the hard drive, if the repair fails you can also restore the drive to it's factory state, but you'll lose everything on it. If it won't turn on at all there might be a chance either what took the power out or the power coming back on could've fried the power supply (I'd also try swapping the power cable with another one from a computer or something just to test that) if you're lucky, if not the damage could be more extensive. Also try another outlet or power strip, pretty much anything you can try that's free and easy before you go diving inside.

Wildside Expert

Fat BC PS3s uses NAND chips and not NOR, which means that the entire firmware is inside the chips, if it's corrupted (most likely) the only way to make it work again is with a hardware flasher.

Can anyone point me to a user that could help me out? I would gladly pay to have it repaired by someone who knows what they are doing.

Thread Information