Quantcast

Thread: Super Street Fighter 2 Genny versus Mega Drive box art!

Default Super Street Fighter 2 Genny versus Mega Drive box art!

I am replacing my loose carts with boxed copies. Not sure whether to get the domestic or import version of SSF2. I like the box art for both. Japan one is better (more color) but I have a fondness for ours (nostalgia, maybe).

What do you think?

US cover art:

EU cover art (I like the blue outline):

Japan cover art:

Jap one kills the rest. Hotel is a USA one reminds me of the days I would play it and watch step by step on TV. the codeman Cody living in in his van stoned man mr smokeman
    This image is too large and exceeds forum specifications. Please reduce it if you want to continue to use it.

Master of Shinobi Hidden_Darkness's Avatar

the japanese cover is the best.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Yes, the Japanese cover art is the best out of the bunch. It's the principle reason why I picked the Japanese version(s) of the Street Fighter games over it's North American counterpart. My favourite Street Fighter 2 cover art is this one:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe all you guys in PAL land were lucky enough to get the same cover art for SF2 Special Championship Edition!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Another vote for the Japanese cover, which is the one I've got these days! Looks like it uses art from the animated movie. The US cover comes in lucky last IMO, dunno why they changed the font on the title. I do like the PAL version proclaiming it's massive cartridge size though, and of course the blue spines are superior to the red Genesis ones.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe all you guys in PAL land were lucky enough to get the same cover art for SF2 Special Championship Edition!
    I think you're right, although BITD I just grabbed the import anyway.

Thread Information