Quantcast

Thread: Zaxxon 3D option screen issues

Creator of the Mega Amp Raging in the Streets Ace's Avatar

Default Zaxxon 3D option screen issues

As you know, in order to bring up an options screen in Zaxxon 3D to disable 3D and invert controls, you need to press Pause at the title screen. I can do this just fine on my 3 North American Master Systems and my Master System II (also North American), but for some reason, this isn't working on both the Japanese Master System and the Mark III. If I press Pause at the title screen on either console, nothing happens. I have no idea why this is. Is the game locked to 3D on Japanese hardware or is there a different method of disabling 3D when it's played on a Mark III or Japanese Master System?

Before you ask, no, the Pause buttons are not broken on either system. They work to pause games, but don't work to bring up Zaxxon 3D's options screen.
    HATES ATGAMES WITH A PASSION

Mega Amp: An all-new audio circuit for your Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and clones.

Note: If you want to contact me on Skype, identify yourself or your contact request will be rejected.

Road Rasher

I had the same experience on my region switched Genesis set to Japan and on my JP SMS. Pressing pause doesn't bring up the option to turn 3D off when played on a JP system. I'm not sure if there is an alternate method to access it. I'm guessing it's an earlier version of the game that plays when the region is set to Japan.

Edit: I translated this page and it says there is no way to do the code in the JP version.
    Last edited by BrianC; 04-03-2015 at 05:32 AM.

Maybe try holding down reset as you start the system up?

Creator of the Mega Amp Raging in the Streets Ace's Avatar

There's no Reset button on a Japanese Master System or Mark III. The Mark III doesn't have anything while the Reset button you would commonly see on a US or European Master System has been replaced with a rapid-fire button on the Japanese Master System. Unless you mean Pause? I remember not getting anything out of that, either. Truth be told, I gave up on this for a while now.
    HATES ATGAMES WITH A PASSION

Mega Amp: An all-new audio circuit for your Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and clones.

Note: If you want to contact me on Skype, identify yourself or your contact request will be rejected.

Road Rasher

I just got Zaxxon 3D, and was wondering why the 2D code doesn't work on Japanese consoles. It works (if I can keep the converter straight to avoid it crashing , that was always my biggest pet peeve with it) on my Mega Drive when it's set to American or European, but not when it's set to Japanese. It also works on my Game Gear. It doesn't work on my Japanese SMS.

Typical, as I was hoping to play the 2D version with FM music, but it looks like can only have one of them, not both . Unless there's another code for Japanese hardware?

Thread Information