Quantcast

Thread: Menacer 6-Game Cartridge

Default Menacer 6-Game Cartridge

Peripherals have a history of being ignored by the majority of a console's user base, and there's a good reason for that. See, most of them have dreadfully few reasons to warrant their purchase, and nowhere was this more apparent than with the 16-bit generation of light guns. In only a few years, we went from the greatness that was Duck Hunt and Rescue Mission to the total mediocrity that was the Menacer 6-Game Cartridge. Seriously folks, it takes longer to assemble the darn thing than it does to play through this dull assortment of mini games, and you'll quickly find yourself reaching for Terminator 2: The Arcade Game. Don't believe us? Then just read our full review and see for yourself. Don't say we didn't warn you.
    Last edited by Melf; 08-08-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Chenjesu of the Alliance Outrunner megabomberman's Avatar

Seems to be lacking in quality slightly but still a must for a collector,

I already own Lethal enforcers 1 and 2,

So the question is assuming I do get this game,

which gun should I get?

The nifty letal enforcers light gun or the menacer which seems chunky and I think uses 6 aa batteries.

The main question is are both guns compatible with both series?

Ken, please get rid of the front page comment about putting the gun in your mouth. I have my reasons.

At least we were finally able to get these pictures! ("we" meaning "you")

How's the music? Do the graphics do anything special like multi-layered scrolling? Does the cartridge come loose in the Menacer box, or does it actually have its own plastic box and instructions? So much needs to be answered.

Megabomberman: The Menacer is the only gun that will work with the Menacer cartridge.

ICE HOCKEY BY ACTIVISION! The Sports Guy's Avatar

I enjoy the last sentence of this review the greatest: I wonder how this would have worked on the nomad. Pinpoint precision. lol.

Joe: The music is really nothing special, except for the Tomatoes level, which is pulled directly from Toe Jam and Earl. The graphics have no real special tricks, mostly because of this being more of a demo of the gun, not the graphical prowess. Also, It came in its own cardboard box, 2 years before it became the norm I believe. I have the box somewhere. I should eventually add this into the review.

Trekbone: Yeah, that was from the early days when every review was supposed to end with a suggestion of how well it worked on the Nomad. We had phased it out, but I decided to put it in anyway.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

It must be compatible with the Nomad, because SoA stated that the only incompatible game was X-Men.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Chenjesu of the Alliance Outrunner megabomberman's Avatar

One other thing joe, will the menacer work on lethal enforcers too, I'll assume your database of knowledge expands that far...

ICE HOCKEY BY ACTIVISION! The Sports Guy's Avatar

why is Xmen incompatible. doesnt quite feel like Xmen would be incompatible with a nomad. i dont think the lockon cartridges work. i havent tried them in a while.

Menacer won't work with Snatcher, and the Justifier won't work with Corpse Killa.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trekbone87
    why is Xmen incompatible. doesnt quite feel like Xmen would be incompatible with a nomad. i dont think the lockon cartridges work. i havent tried them in a while.
    Reset button. You can play the game, just you can't complete it.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Is the RESET button used to switch weapons or some such like the PAUSE button in a few SMS games?

The reset button is required for the final boss. Right before the final boss, Professor X tells you that you have to "restart the computer". Hit the reset button, and it'll boot into the final boss. Do nothing, and a clock counts down to zero, giving you a Game Over.

It's a very weird gimmick, and it was probably only done because some programmer was like, "hey look! It's actually possible to code in a function for the reset button!" And then it was implemented just because they could.

Unfortunately, X-Men is much too poor of a game to bother playing that far in.

Quote Originally Posted by trekbone87
    I'm not sure what you mean by lock-on cartridges, but I can assure you that Sonic & Knuckles with its lock-ons works just fine.
    Last edited by j_factor; 07-15-2007 at 11:14 PM.

outrunner

Does the justifier work with the menacer cart?

No, it does not.

Thread Information