Quantcast

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: The thread of religion

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    ^^^^^^Tells someone his comments are not facts and then goes on to act as if his own comments are factual? The icing on the cake is having the individual, who was told he doesn't need religion, say otherwise.

In NeoVamp’s defense, that individual you’re referring to clearly doesn’t know what he wants or needs.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    I do not believe in a God in a biblical sense, all that Ten Commandments bollocks is just that, bollocks, but I do believe in an afterlife and that we have a soul. I've researched and read too many accounts of OBEs (out of body experiences) and NDEs (near death experiences) to believe anything else.
    I hear that, I've had some weird experiences myself that lead me to believe that there's more to our existence.
    But I'll never join a religion that tells me what to think or what to believe, this is my journey. not theirs.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    I hear that, I've had some weird experiences myself that lead me to believe that there's more to our existence.
    But I'll never join a religion that tells me what to think or what to believe, this is my journey. not theirs.
    I could not agree more. For better or worse our lives are just that, ours.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    In NeoVamp’s defense, that individual you’re referring to clearly doesn’t know what he wants or needs.
    Regardless, NeoVamp can't be a dick about this. Let people who want religion have it and ones that don't have it don't.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    I do not believe in a God in a biblical sense, all that Ten Commandments bollocks is just that, bollocks, but I do believe in an afterlife and that we have a soul. I've researched and read too many accounts of OBEs (out of body experiences) and NDEs (near death experiences) to believe anything else.
    I had an OBE when I was in Junior High. A classmate snuck up on me and put a sleeper hold on me. I remember seeing the room from above and when he let go, I was back in my body. It was pretty freaky.

I've also had an experience, where I was woke up in the middle of the night and saw a golden shimmering object in the corner of the room. It told me that everything would be alright. The next day I got a call from my family and they told me that my mother had collapsed and was taken to the hospital. Her cancer had spread into her spine and was pretty much the end for her. I was raised a Catholic, and even though I believe that the religion is total horse shit, I do believe that there is a spirit world beyond our own flesh.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Master of Shinobi

I just want to let people know I am leaving for good, because I do not have the mental health or stability to leave myself open to the risk of using forums for a counseling substitute. I have already been banned from several for trying to do that and still haven't learned. I also am focusing on more offline activities to avoid internet toxicity and hopefully will find a proper counselor. I have asked the moderators to deal with the rest as they see fit. I do not want to encourage anymore dissension among members of this forum. I ask everyone to overlook this and move on. I have changed my password to a bunch of gobbledygook that I copied and pasted into the form without seeing, and then changed my recovery email to one which will soon be deleted, so as to prevent any success in retrieving my password and to lock myself out. I have done the same with the other forums where I've been tempted to post unhealthy ramblings or thoughts that I have which need treatment and therapy. I wish everyone else well, but you will not see me coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    Regardless, NeoVamp can't be a dick about this. Let people who want religion have it and ones that don't have it don't.
    That's not the point, the point is that Jeckidy is abusing religion. its like a collector turned hoarder, or a casual drug user who'll do a line of coke in the weekend to someone WHO NEEDS IT TO LIVE!
    Like someone who went from having a wank to Katy Perry to that guy who's leaving flowers on her doorstep with marriage proposals. that's whats going on.
    he's confused about life and he's trying to apply his beliefs onto EVERYTHING. and that just doesn't work.

That's why I said he should put his religion aside for a while, focus on actual living. going to parties, falling in love, reading a good book instead of just THE BOOK all the time.
    watch some old movies, listen to some old music. stop trying to solve a puzzle that can't be solved.

Religion is supposed to be help you in your hour of need, when your mom or dad dies. or when you get cancer and your wife leaves you because she can't deal with that.

It's not supposed to be applied to everything, he has clearly gone off the deep end and he's STILL trying to apply his beliefs on everything as he's falling down.

I've seen it before, and most of those cases had terrible endings, and what some of you are doing is telling him that what he's doing is okay because "its god".
    No its NOT, this isn't religion, this is abusing the teachings in his own way, saying that people have to be beaten because they don't follow his exact view of the teachings.
    this is him saying that people need to DIE because they don't do how HE FEELS IT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

There's no way to be friendly about this, this isn't some sort of religious crisis "does god exist? like i don't even know anymore!" no, this is mad man crisis "god, i KNOW you exist, why wont they follow your teachings exactly the way I SEE THEM?!! should I beat them.. you're silent.. I'll take that.. AS A YES!"

He's abusing religion because he's lost, and he's lost because he's only focusing on religion. therefor he should take a gigantic step back until he's ready to embrace his faith again from a healthier point of view.

But feel free to consider me a dick, I don't care. I've been called worse.

Jeckify told us pretty much exactly what happened: he’s clearly 1.) a devout Catholic (ie: brainwashed and insane) who was 2.) most likely sexually abused by a member of the church and is 3.) seeking or otherwise receiving help from the same institution that so badly damaged him. This is essentially like Hitler sending his own psychologists to counsel holocaust survivors.

He’s so badly damaged by the experience that any reminder of what happened is so painful that it’s seen as a direct attack, which is why everyone, from his perspective, is trying to “make him commit suicide.” Part of healing from his experience involves reliving it and accepting it, which is what pretty much every psychologist is going to try to make him do (including that ‘secular psychologist’ he mentioned).

...At least, that’s what my wife thinks. She’s probably right, it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    ...At least, that’s what my wife thinks. She’s probably right, it makes sense.
    That makes a lot of sense yeah, only thing I don't agree with is him reliving it while still being part of the same institution that hurt him in the first place.
    He will keep trying to explain the abuse by means of his beliefs, which you just cant. sometimes people are just fucking evil and only care about their own desires.
    imo he just needs to take a major step back, and somehow try to understand why people are the way they are. and that's impossible as long as he identifies as being part of a group that's somehow supposed to be better than others.
    because that's where the problem stems from, he thought he was part of something great and amazing, then someone in that group hurts him and the big question arises "wait.. I thought we were above all that?"

Stepping away from your beliefs doesn't mean rejecting god, it means finding yourself again and then one day maybe come back in touch with what was actually good about it.

I think a lot of people freak out when I say "just step away from it for a while" because they never even dared to imagine that such a choice was ever an option.

God's inside of you, not in some group.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    God's inside of you, not in some group.
    Agreed, but that’s not what Catholics are raised to believe. God is on the far side of an entire hierarchy of men that the institution has put in place.

Gonna be honest here, it was confusing figuring out what had happened to Jeckidy. all this chaotic talk about shrinks condoning pedophilia and driving him to suicide..
    but yeah, makes total sense what your wife said. Jeckidy got molested and then his shrink is trying to tell him that he needs to move on. while he wants revenge/justice.
    I would have never said that he was lying about the shrink back then if I had known the full reason behind it all, but he was clearly trying to talk about his molestation without actually admitting to it.
    and I bet that's what the shrink was going for, admit that it happened and move on. because otherwise its gonna ruin the rest of your life.

So even though Jeckidy thinks I called him a liar, I stand by what I had said before. the shrink is not condoning pedophilia and he misunderstood that.
    The shrink was just trying to explain to him that.. sometimes you just don't get the justice that you want, and beating yourself up over it for the rest of your life.. is just gonna end up ruining it.
    I myself am guilty of not being able to let go of certain things from the past, and dwelling on it more often than not. but at least with maturity came a certain feeling of understanding when you
    can get justice, and when you can not. and with some things you just gotta have faith that the universe knows what happens, and will punish the guilty when its their time.

And that's why I suggested he steps away from religion, and focuses on trying to rebuild his life. because life can be empty when you only have your demons.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I believe that the religion is total horse shit, I do believe that there is a spirit world beyond our own flesh.
    As the old rank and file die off, the obsession/following/believing/over-doing of, specifically, the Catholic Church becomes less and less and I find it swell. A man, in a building, telling you how bad you are isn't what you need to believe in a deity. As the generations passed we could see how the church was less accepted and it seems as if more people are moving away that not. The molestation, subsequent coverup and then the denials have really put the nail in the coffin. Live by the golden rule. Not going to church, not fasting, etc.., doesn't mean a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. Being a good person far surpasses and outweighs following any doctrine.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

People on the other side of the world went over a millennia without the religions that were created in the Middle East. According to their teachings, all of those people were sinners, because they’d never heard the words of their true God. It’s really silly when you think about it. It’s even sillier when we look back at all of the wars and deaths caused by religious factions.

And here’s a good one. During WWII, the US used a small island in the South Pacific, as a small airport for fueling up planes. The natives were given chocolates and other trinkets by the soldiers. These people thought that these tall beings that fake from the sky were Gods. They build plane shaped monuments, to this day, hoping that their Gods will return.

https://www.indy100.com/article/remo...es-sky-7382991
    Last edited by gamevet; 03-09-2020 at 01:30 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

These posts are just hateful and hurtful. It seems there are just some topics that you can't and shouldn't talk about online anonymously. This thread is getting locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Thread Information