Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Games for Retro Consoles Piko Interactive in 2015

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwolfen View Post
    If people are ready to spend good money on games as terrible as cheetahmen 2, this game is a masterpice in comparison. The graphics are beautiful, maybe the gameplay is not your cup of tea, but I would buy it

mirjam
    Graphics beautiful? Oh hell no! Nightmare Circus was a 1996 release! To say that the graphics are nice is an overstatement. There were much more visually appealing games that were released pre-1996! The only reason why collectors are interested in this title is because of it's supposed rarity. Just like Action 52, it's a title that I would describe as poop wrapped up in plastic!
    =-=

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    They have 4 games available to buy and are working on 28 more. 20 of which are scheduled to be released by the end of next year. Those numbers were difficult for the biggest publishers to handle bitd. Even more so now, a publisher saturating the market with games becomes their own competition.
    I won't disagree with your statement. But it should be noted that the vast majority of games are not really great titles anyways. They are not games that will sell out immediately. The fact that they have 4 such titles available for purchase for at least a few months now is an indication that they are not following the path of other developers who try to sell out a limited amount of games within a short period of time and wait for a sizeable amount of pre-orders before before manufacturing another shipment of games. I always found this business model faulty. It's fine to require a customer to pre-order a title. But making the customer wait for 1 year/2 years to receive a product is ridiculous. R E D I C U L O U S!

Following that path not only annoys the customer to no end but it also ruins your brand/reputation.

I really don't think that Piko Interactive is going to encounter any real difficulties. Even if he encounters an issue fulfilling orders, the main thing to do is to consistently keep customers up to date. I won't mention any names, but how many developers actually take the time to do that? Fear? That is a terrible way to conduct business!

There was a period of time I worked for an employer. We had dealt with 400 clients files and there was expectation that all of those clients were going to receive the service they requested within a certain period of time (4 months). In the course of conducting business, I discovered that the issuing authority was encountering a delay manufacturing the item because of an upgrade to their machinery. I informed the employer and suggested that we should take the time to contact each client and notify them of the situation. The employer was not willing to pursue that course of action because of ... FEAR! To make a long story short, I contacted all 400 clients and informed them of the situation and asked them if they would like to opt for expedited service. Sure, there were annoyed customers. In fact, I told them I understood their angst but that I would not be doing my job if I did not preemptively advise them of the situation. Because I took the time to make those 400 phone calls, I was able to upsell 100 clients (1/4 of the calls) to the premium service and get the items to them in a timely fashion. Even though they paid an extra amount for each item, they were more than willing to do so because (1) I kept them abreast of the situation and (2) suggested a way to resolve the matter so that they could get the service completed in a timely fashion.

I am sure that Pico Interactive will encounter a few bumps and hurdles at the beginning. The good thing is that they've already gained a bit of experience with the 4 titles that they are currently selling and because of this experience they are better able to project future sales. At least that is what I can foresee at this point in time.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Ah ah when I read Corn Buster I had to double check because at first I confused it for this cancelled SNES game:
    http://www.unseen64.net/2011/11/01/c...nes-cancelled/
    Last edited by Folco; 04-28-2015 at 09:20 AM.

FYI: New NES Homebrew title set for release this summer

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Cool thread, but... more suited for insert coin, no?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    Cool thread, but... more suited for insert coin, no?
    Yep. I found myself in a bit of a quandary when it came time to post the info!

Hey! time for feedback!

Quick comments.

1.- Regarding the pricing issue. There are several factors why our games will stay in the 50-65 price range plus shipping (I'm Sorry internationals, but I still love you). A few things are, paying royalties to IP owners (in some cases), keeping games ALWAYS in stock, or at least try to. Cost of quality parts. Initial payments we did for the copyright of the game or license.
    2.- Duke Nukem 3D bugs, I played through it on Kega and didn't encounter any bugs, Would love to hear feedback cause may be I missed some?
    3.-The main reason why we having a BUNCH of games coming out in waves (it is somewhat expensive, but if you do your homework and paid attention in accounting and finance in college you can do it!) is to Heavely compete with repro makers.

- Seriously, the biggest competition for homebrew games or retro game publishers is a repro making individual. They offer cheaper prices (cause skip licensing+royalties+legal fees/advice+ anything else); Lower product quality is overall accepted because "well he is not a company, he is just a guy on his basement". Because they offer a large library of products, and honestly the average retro gamer will prefer Terranigma, or Pulseman to a Homebrew release.

I don't have any vendetta vs repro makers, heck I've been temped to add a few gems to my collection; But business is business and we need a piece of that market to stay relevant and succeed to make better projects .
    So in order to take a chunk of that market we have to offer a similar amount of options.

There is a thing which really bothers me with Piko. Plenty of titles were announced like Jim Power (with a release late 2015/early 2016) or Angura or Tiger Hunter Novel and plenty more but we never saw any of them released. Yeah I know the Wisdom Tree Collection and Sumo Slam and some other saw the day of the light but why were so many games announced which were never been released or even talked about being planned anymore? That is really annoying. Gamers always are full of joy when a new title was announced but in the end left with a huge dissapopointment.

Second thing which upsets me is: The map for Brave Battle Saga which all preorders should get is nowhere mentioned on the page. I preordered it and ask that question in the comments (+ in the BBS thread here at Sega-16) but although Piko has time to answer other threads this one is still left without a comment. I am close to cancle my whole order. Will I get my map and when does the shipping start for the games?

I hope my writing wasnt too harsh but I also hope Piko can read between the lines that I am quite dissappointed.

I still want so bad the finished Jim Power game
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    I still want so bad the finished Jim Power game
    Me too and especially all the anounced RPGs. I have no clue why they tell people they want to release these games but dont do so. It would be more satisfying if they stood quiet until 6-9 month before an actual release. The way it went only disappoint people.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    There is a thing which really bothers me with Piko. Plenty of titles were announced like Jim Power (with a release late 2015/early 2016) or Angura or Tiger Hunter Novel and plenty more but we never saw any of them released. Yeah I know the Wisdom Tree Collection and Sumo Slam and some other saw the day of the light but why were so many games announced which were never been released or even talked about being planned anymore? That is really annoying. Gamers always are full of joy when a new title was announced but in the end left with a huge dissapopointment.

Second thing which upsets me is: The map for Brave Battle Saga which all preorders should get is nowhere mentioned on the page. I preordered it and ask that question in the comments (+ in the BBS thread here at Sega-16) but although Piko has time to answer other threads this one is still left without a comment. I am close to cancle my whole order. Will I get my map and when does the shipping start for the games?

I hope my writing wasnt too harsh but I also hope Piko can read between the lines that I am quite dissappointed.
    Preorders will get the BBS map =D.

We will publish other games, we don't get as much pre-orders as other companies that do retro. So we got to do bulk releases. However Jim Power should be coming this holiday season in a form of a crowdfunding campaign to gain as much exposure needed (since it would have a lot of different versions in cart format).

Unfortunately MD sales are disappointing, so we need to do other projects first to make a living.

For example, we have PJ Gumball Hero, Jim Power, Indigo, Legends of the New Gods all software 99%-100%. But we don't want to release them and sell tops 100-150 units. So we got to build up our customer reach before these games come out.

Quote Originally Posted by pikointeractive View Post

We will publish other games, we don't get as much pre-orders as other companies that do retro. So we got to do bulk releases. However Jim Power should be coming this holiday season in a form of a crowdfunding campaign to gain as much exposure needed (since it would have a lot of different versions in cart format).

Unfortunately MD sales are disappointing, so we need to do other projects first to make a living.

For example, we have PJ Gumball Hero, Jim Power, Indigo, Legends of the New Gods all software 99%-100%. But we don't want to release them and sell tops 100-150 units. So we got to build up our customer reach before these games come out.
    Yea this is really a point
    The minimal glitchs of PJ gumball Hero (like slowdown) was fixed?
    Can you please record a quick video of Jim Power?
    Keep it Up!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Prince of Persia 2 - The Shadow and the Flame Remastered Edition v1.5

That's Feng Shén Ying Jié Chuán correct? The SRPG?
    556 552 557 279 725

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    That's Feng Shén Ying Jié Chuán correct? The SRPG?

Correct,

Also Pj Gumball runs 100% and is virtually 100% done.

Also, forgot to mention we also own Mr. Nutz 2, but we don't own Mr. Nutz Character.

Mr. Nutz 2 was supposed to be Timet The Flying Squirrel. We got the original art assets for the original character and this is another major project that we would do.

Then we'll go about translating the other Taiwanese RPGs

Sports Talker

I just want to show my copy of noaks ark, outstanding. good work piko!

However Jim Power should be coming this holiday season in a form of a crowdfunding campaign to gain as much exposure needed (since it would have a lot of different versions in cart format).

Holiday season 2018 came and went by so did holiday season 2019. What didn't show up was Jim Power or the campain.
    That is what I critizise all the time. Don't tell things you won't do in the end. It only disappoints people.
    Same with all the anazing titles which were announced in 2015.

Thread Information