Quantcast

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Tom Clown - Another obscure game dumped to Mega Drive!

  1. #1
    Master of Shinobi Pyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,970
    Rep Power
    67

    Genesis Tom Clown - Another obscure game dumped to Mega Drive!

    Hy guys....

    The obscure game named "Tom Clown" was dumped for the Mega Drive by Russian Hackers, i love this type of surprises!

    http://www.emu-land.net/forum/index....c,72788.0.html

    Its playable on MESS and on new version of RetroArch


    Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

  2. #2
    Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    75

    Default

    Nice find! From the info provided at the beginning of the thread, the OP notes that it is a reinterpretation of the Atari 2600 game "Circus":



    I always thought the Atari game was a great concept. Judging from the screenshots, "Tom Clown" looks nice and colorful. I like the cutesy looks of the sprites.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

  3. #3
    Outrunner JumpingRyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    Nice find! From the info provided at the beginning of the thread, the OP notes that it is a reinterpretation of the Atari 2600 game "Circus":



    I always thought the Atari game was a great concept. Judging from the screenshots, "Tom Clown" looks nice and colorful. I like the cutesy looks of the sprites.
    Circus... that brings back memories!!

  4. #4
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    PlayStation-16
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Is Tom Clown another one of those taiwanese Megadrive only games? Also.. speaking of chinese/taiwanese Mega Drive games, i've found a person that's selling a crap ton of them on ebay for a very decent price!

  5. #5
    Road Rasher RPGbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    422
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I LOVE RUSSIAN HACKERS!!

    i enjoyed some genesis epics i never would have been able to play without them@
    This image is too large and exceeds forum specifications. Please reduce it if you want to continue to use it.

  6. #6
    Outrunner
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    584
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSwizzy145 View Post
    Is Tom Clown another one of those taiwanese Megadrive only games?
    It was originally bundled on floppy with Realtec's copier and was eventually put out on an extremely small amount cartridges. Most boxed copies in the past sold for a few hundred USD each. I haven't played it but I assume the mapper is the same as the other Realtec games?

  7. #7
    Road Rasher
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    PlayStation-16
    Posts
    257
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
    It was originally bundled on floppy with Realtec's copier and was eventually put out on an extremely small amount cartridges. Most boxed copies in the past sold for a few hundred USD each. I haven't played it but I assume the mapper is the same as the other Realtec games?
    Ah i see, makes sense now and thanks

  8. #8
    vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,310
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I consider myself someone who thought he knew everything about the Sega Genesis and mega drive but seeing this caught me off guard even so many years after being dumped. Was the actual cartridge released by Realtec? Was it sold in the USA? I would really like to get my hands on a copy of this now. Anybody have any help?
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

  9. #9
    WCPO Agent EPSYLON EAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    774
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Nice colors

  10. #10
    Nameless One
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSwizzy145 View Post
    Is Tom Clown another one of those taiwanese Megadrive only games? Also.. speaking of chinese/taiwanese Mega Drive games, i've found a person that's selling a crap ton of them on ebay for a very decent price!
    Link?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •