Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Bad MD/Genesis Games in Your Childhood Collection

Quote Originally Posted by genesisguy View Post
    Didn't you guys go to Blockbuster?

Any game I bought or asked for was tested out first. So I didn't really end up with any stinkers. But I must have been a weird kid because some of the games cited here as stinkers have me baffled. Jurassic Park, Madden, and Alien 3?

On the other hand this coming from a guy who's childhood collection included King Salmon and TNN Bass.
    No Blockbuster where I grew up and the local rental places had a lot of holes in their Genesis selection. Mostly just NES and later SNES consoles and carts.

I'm down with some Alien 3 and King Salmon any day of the week, but I'm sorry, Madden puts me to sleep. If you don't follow the NFL, it's like trying to figure out Brian Lara Cricket or reading cuneform and I've been beaned in the head one too many times for that.

fantasia and pirates of dark water stick out to me as the worst. luckily i rented those.

The worst game I recall owning as a child was Math Blaster, though I remember having a bit of fun with it.

44188_front.jpg
    Last edited by Chimaera; 08-22-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

"There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Quote Originally Posted by cabear View Post
    fantasia and pirates of dark water stick out to me as the worst. luckily i rented those.
    Pirates of Dark Water is one of my favorite games I enjoy it most in short doses, though. Love how it actually had an ending, unlike the cancelled cartoon series and the SNES game.

Taz in Escape from Mars is probably the one I felt didn't play very well, but I still popped it in from time to time.

Also, Jurassic Park?! If you guys were talking about Rampage Edition, I could understand. But the first one was a great game.
    A very wise Mighty Pirate™ once said: "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."

Quote Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
    Taz in Escape from Mars is probably the one I felt didn't play very well, but I still popped it in from time to time.

Also, Jurassic Park?! If you guys were talking about Rampage Edition, I could understand. But the first one was a great game.
    I actually much prefer Rampage Edition over the first game. As for Taz 2, it's probably because I played that one the most, but again I prefer it over the original.
    Just finished the first Taz game with a beep-load of saving and loading, can't believe how relentless the difficulty of the mine levels is.

Easily the worst game i have ever bought for Megadrive

Now that I think of it, I really hated the graphics and gameplay of Batman Forever. Especially since I really enjoyed Batman and even liked Batman Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    As for Taz 2, it's probably because I played that one the most, but again I prefer it over the original.
    So do I. But since I only played the first one through a friend, it didn't count as a game from my "childhood collection".
    A very wise Mighty Pirate™ once said: "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    Pirates of Dark Water is one of my favorite games I enjoy it most in short doses, though. Love how it actually had an ending, unlike the cancelled cartoon series and the SNES game.
    The SNES game has an ending. It's just that said ending is basically: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2_cJxYYhM

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doomguy View Post

Easily the worst game i have ever bought for Megadrive
    Yeah, Rise of the Robots makes Slaughter Sport look like a solid fighting game. I never had the displeasure of owning Rise, my mate had either a demo or a cracked copy of the game for Amiga, that was all it took to confirm it was shit.

Retro Gamer magazine did an interview with the guy who designed the robots - he talks at length about what a disaster the whole thing was.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    The SNES game has an ending. It's just that said ending is basically: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2_cJxYYhM
    Yeah, that's what I meant. In the end of the SNES game, you lose all Treasures of Rule and it feels like you did it all for nothing.

Thread Information